PDA

View Full Version : Viva Chile!

Chris Kennedy
10-13-2010, 9:16 PM
I just watched the last of the 33 miners pulled out. There are still 6 rescue workers to come up. This is an example of mankind at its best. All the power to them.

Cheers,

Chris

Norberto Coutinho
10-13-2010, 9:30 PM
They won.... :)

Paul McGaha
10-13-2010, 9:37 PM
I agree with you Chris. They are a class act.

Rick Potter
10-14-2010, 2:42 AM
What impressed me was how the Chilean President gave credit to God, and they all sang the national anthem.
Rick Potter

Charlie Reals
10-14-2010, 6:14 AM
What impressed me was how the Chilean President gave credit to God, and they all sang the national anthem.
Rick Potter

It impressed me even more that the pres was there at all let alone there to hug each miner.How many of our high ranking anything would stay there that long. Having spent several years underground I watched the rescue real close and was impressed with the attitude of the miners from the start. Very strong human beings those 33.
May God bless their lives from here on out.

Bill LaPointe
10-14-2010, 7:57 AM
Anyone who watched the first miner come out and not have a tear in their eye is probably not a woodworker.

Jim King
10-14-2010, 9:16 AM
That was the very best in reality TV. I agree in that the President, His wife, the Miining Minister and other top dogs went non stop without sleep to greet everyone coming out. I dont think that would happen in many countries.

The country is doing well, the president is well liked and "very rich" , the last President who was a lady left office with an 80% approval rating. It is a country that works.

I hope the miners and thier families can capitalize on thier celebrity status. As some one said I dont think there were to many dry eyes.

Don Orr
10-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Great job all around keeping them alive and getting them out safely.

Well done Chile!

Ken Fitzgerald
10-14-2010, 11:37 AM
I stayed up until 0100 pst just to watch the last rescue worker come out.

Congrats to the rescued and all the rescuers.....

And.....everytime one of the miners was able to hug a family member for the first time in 70 days.....I teared up. I hope that helps my woodworking skills:o

Some things in life are important....most aren't ....this was.....

Glenn Clabo
10-14-2010, 12:11 PM
My wife's family...mothers side...were miners. She lost 2 uncles in mine explosions. Every time these things happen...it brings it home again.

I love to watch people get together...beyond language...borders...politics...religion to do good things. It's so rare nowadays.

jeremy levine
10-14-2010, 4:27 PM
I'm am so impressed really blown away.:)

Van Huskey
10-14-2010, 5:03 PM
It was a truely amazing process.

Joel Goodman
10-14-2010, 7:49 PM
The shaft that the miners were pulled up through was drilled with American made equipment and Americans were on hand to help with the drilling process so we can have pride in our part in this great drama.

Rick Potter
10-15-2010, 2:20 AM
British Petroleum missed a chance for good publicity by sending a bunch of drilling experts to assist.

Rick Potter

Harlan Coverdale
10-15-2010, 4:12 AM
That was the very best in reality TV. I agree in that the President, His wife, the Miining Minister and other top dogs went non stop without sleep to greet everyone coming out. I dont think that would happen in many countries.

There were a few miners in the wee hours of the morning that the President was not on hand to greet as they stepped out of the capsule. He went to his on-site motorhome for a few hours of sleep, according to the BBC live feed I watched. But I still agree with your observation. He was very open, accessible, and most importantly, he was on-site for the duration.