PDA

View Full Version : DMT discs for the Worksharp?

Van Huskey
10-13-2010, 3:38 PM
Since I have a Worksharp on the way from the sale they are having I am wondering if anyone has used the DMT discs. It seems like a long term economical choice with other advantages as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR0OW4M75tw

glenn bradley
10-13-2010, 4:26 PM
Hmmmm, I like it, I like it.

ian maybury
10-13-2010, 5:05 PM
Hi Van, that's the first i heard of the product, but it looks interesting. I have a new Worksharp, and was about to order some abrasives to tune up a batch of Japanese chisels - so it's good timing.

The US suppliers i checked that are listed on the DMT site don't seem to have the diamond discs listed on their websites.

Do you have any idea what the state of play is? Are they on sale, who stocks them and approximately what is the price? Is there much feedback about on them?

ian

Will Overton
10-13-2010, 5:27 PM
Google shows the kits at WoodCraft and Amazon.

If their disks really last as long as 50 sandpaper disks, that should be a long time.

Van Huskey
10-13-2010, 5:31 PM
Hi Van, that's the first i heard of the product, but it looks interesting. I have a new Worksharp, and was about to order some abrasives to tune up a batch of Japanese chisels - so it's good timing.

The US suppliers i checked that are listed on the DMT site don't seem to have the diamond discs listed on their websites.

Do you have any idea what the state of play is? Are they on sale, who stocks them and approximately what is the price? Is there much feedback about on them?

ian

First they are on sale, I have seen them at Woodcraft. The price was about $95 for the sharpening set and $75 for the honing set. Woodcraft probably has them at MSRP so deals may be found if you look, I haven't yet. The price is steep BUT if they do what they say and last as long as they suggest the economy works but will take a while. I am looking for it as much for the other benefits as much as cost. I figured since the deal was so good on the WS3000 it would take less sting out of buying them. I am looking mainly at the sharpening set.

ian maybury
10-13-2010, 6:34 PM
Thanks guys, will go look.

ian