PDA

View Full Version : ray as you go

stephen rooke
10-13-2010, 2:11 PM
just got this info through about the trotec rayjet 30w

theres a deal where you pay £3500 for the machine upfront then pay £6.50 per hour of laser time and when you hit 1000hrs you own the machine

so in total it'll cost £10000 when the machine retails at £8500 but i suppposed it reduces initial costs and gets you going making money to pay the rest of it off and you dont have to pay the full amount upfront, anyone got any thoughts

heres the pdf i was sent

Robert Walters
10-13-2010, 2:18 PM
[QUOTE=stephen rooke;1534413]just got this info through about the trotec rayjet 30w

theres a deal where you pay £3500 for the machine upfront then pay £6.50 per hour of laser time and when you hit 1000hrs you own the machine

so in total it'll cost £10000 when the machine retails at £8500 but i suppposed it reduces initial costs and gets you going making money to pay the rest of it off and you dont have to pay the full amount upfront, anyone got any thoughts

heres the pdf i was sent

Try using http://filebin.ca/ instead of rapidshare, and include the FULL link, not the short one they provide.

Does the "pay-as-you-go" include maintenance and service?

What if you decide that machine is not for you and you want to return it?

stephen rooke
10-13-2010, 2:21 PM
not alot of detail in the pdf, i think you can return it but you dont get your 3.5k back

stephen rooke
10-13-2010, 2:22 PM
http://filebin.ca/ttxmp/Ray_As_You_Go_21.pdf

stephen rooke
10-13-2010, 2:25 PM
how long does it take to engrave something, say a picture on an iphone or namebadge, just wondering how much engraving you get for the 6.50/hr

Tom Bull
10-13-2010, 3:21 PM
Thats like asking how much milk does a cow give:). Laser time is totally dependent on the complexity and size of the image. Low resolution is faster than high, and of course big is slower than small at the same resolution. I do a lot of granite, it has to be low resolution. If you do marble it can take high resolution. There are some projects that literally take hours to engrave, some just a few seconds.

Joe De Medeiros
10-13-2010, 3:41 PM
how long does it take to engrave something, say a picture on an iphone or namebadge, just wondering how much engraving you get for the 6.50/hr

isn't that like $13 USD /hr

stephen rooke
10-13-2010, 3:43 PM
isn't that like $13 USD /hr

$10.33 according to yahoo

Martin Boekers
10-13-2010, 4:01 PM
typically people charge any where from $45-$100 hr engraving time.

How long it takes is relative to settings you use, also the testing time.

I guess this is their version of copy machines, paying by hit.

I imagine there is a minimum charge per month on this, might not be
bad for low usage, you get a better machine with less upfront cost.

Just check the contract closely, as sometimes things are "hidden"
that sales staff may not explaine fully.;)

One think, it will teach you to be more efficient!:eek:

Marty

Robert Walters
10-13-2010, 10:23 PM
I wonder if the hourly charge is ON time, and not just laser firing time.

Viktor Voroncov
10-14-2010, 12:45 AM
As I know this laser basically do not have built-in timer. So may be seller mention something like default 8 hours per working day/ 5 working days per week/52 weeks and etc. So you must pay even you do not fire laser.

But this is very good sales tool during crisis time for big manufacturers. For example here, in Baltic countries, now absolutely impossible get leasing/credit from bank. But I still have a lot of customers who want buy laser, but have 20-30% of laser cost. For them it will be good solution.

BUT: READ CONDITIONS FIRST AND CAREFULLY :(( Free cheese only in mousetrap :( I think there is a lot of small letters :) in sales agreement.

Rodne Gold
10-14-2010, 3:20 AM
If the laser mnfgrs want sales , there is a much easier way , let them self finance or lease the machine on a monthly basis and retain ownership. I would willingly pay a lease and maintenance fee rather than own my own machines.
I'm sure , as victor says , there is a catch to it all....

Jiten Patel
10-14-2010, 4:14 AM
I was told about this when I went to the Trotec office a few weeks ago.

The software is programmed with a timer, and it doesnt matter how long the laser is on for, its when the laser starts firing, the timer goes down. If you use up your allocated time, you can by slots, until you pay off the £8.5k.

Quite a good idea if you want to test the waters without putting down a large whack of money!

stephen rooke
10-14-2010, 5:53 AM
just been talking to one of there sales guys and he said if you return the machine early you dont get any of the £3.5k back and you only pay for the hours youve used

Martin Boekers
10-14-2010, 9:45 AM
I may be one of the few, but in the past I did short run publishing and I liked the Idea of leasing the laser printers with a cost per click and full
maintenance and supplies. It kept initial costs down, plus it made it easy
to bid jobs as I new how much each sheet (or click cost) Toners and comsumables can get expensive and this kept a handle on it.

Shoot, depending upon how the contract reads I might consider this
for a back up or overflow machine.

Marty

Rodne Gold
10-14-2010, 10:36 AM
The catch is probably "for as LITTLE as 6.50 per hour"

Mike Null
10-14-2010, 10:41 AM
My Trotec software times each job.

Martin Boekers
10-14-2010, 11:21 AM

I hate to say it Rodne, but there is probably a few more catches,
maybe a monthly fee then the $6.50 an hour, a given time period it has
to be paid for, just warranty maintanance. (but that should cover most
anything in their time frame). I just can't see them going to lease to
a "hobbiest" that may use it 20 or so hours a month until paid for, that could take
years, so I imagine there are limitations, still it is a creative way
to make sales they might not have otherwise made.

Marty

Robert Walters
10-14-2010, 11:40 AM

I noticed that Mike's screen shot lists the duration and power.
Maybe it's $6.50/hr * DURATION * POWER :D

But I'd suspect it's more along the lines of how long it takes to use up the 1000 hours:

Non stop for 40 hours a week for 06 months = 1040 hours * $6.50/hr
Non stop for 20 hours a week for 12 months = 1040 hours * $7.50/hr.
Non stop for 10 hours a week for 24 months = 1040 hours * $8.50/hr.
etc

Viktor Voroncov
10-14-2010, 1:11 PM
Mike, is it print screen from standart Trotec laser software??

Mike Null
10-14-2010, 1:58 PM
Viktor

I have a Speedy 300 with expert level software. There are two lower levels but I am not familiar with them.

Viktor Voroncov
10-14-2010, 2:01 PM
Super! Very strong advantage! Never heard about this feature before. If possible - what was this software price? As I understand lowest level must be free, but two others for $$?