PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of weird...

Rich Engelhardt
10-13-2010, 9:17 AM
Date
TimeLocationEvent DetailsOctober 12, 201002:35:21 AMFedex Smartpost Leetsdale PA USDeparture ScanOctober 11, 201005:37:00 PMHebron KYDeparture ScanOctober 11, 201002:17:34 PMFedex Smartpost Leetsdale PA USArrival ScanOctober 10, 201007:18:00 PMUSShipment has left seller facility and is in transit
Pretty odd eh?
I orderd a Freud Glue Line rip blade from Amazon.
The blade was shipped from Amazon to Leesdale, Pa, then to Ky, then back to Leesdale, Pa.
God only knows where it's at right now.

I guess if I'd have paid the extra charge Amazon wanted instead of using the free shipping, they would have sent it to me here in Ohio.

Michael Weber
10-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Yeah. What were you thinking?:confused: ;)

Bryan Morgan
10-13-2010, 3:19 PM
Hehe I had something similar. I had something ship from the east coast to me on the west coast. I also watched the Fedex status. That thing took a month long voyage all over the US before winding up back where it started and then finally shipped back to me. At one point it was just a couple towns over but then went back to Arizona or whatever, moving east again. I believe it was also a "free" shipping Amazon order... hmmmmmmm

Charlie Reals
10-13-2010, 3:27 PM
What has made me wonder is why several of my orders from different folks back east start off fed ex and end up coming to me by usps. Several have made it to the bay area by fed ex then sent from there by usps. Doesn't make sense when we have fed ex delivery here.

John M Wilson
10-13-2010, 4:13 PM
That's called "SmartPost" (insert obvious joke here). It's quite a bit cheaper than straight-up FedEx. FedEx handles the package hub-to-hub, to round out their space available, making that portion of the trip extremely economical (it makes no sense for them to truck or fly "air"). USPS takes it from there, doing the relatively expensive part of the trip, which is delivering it to your home.

Problems with the interface are rife. I've seen entire threads on other sites devoted to the 'sightseeing' their packages take as they wend their way across the country.

Too bad you don't get those travel stickers like they used to put on old luggage :D

Bill Cunningham
10-16-2010, 10:19 PM
A label company I deal with in Indiana, would ship me my order 'overnight' DHL (I'm about 50 miles N. of Toronto) For Months, every shipment would go to Seattle, then Ottawa, then to me.. That's a 6,500 mile journey for every package. It was supposed to go overnight, I guess they didn't specify 'which' night..