PDA

View Full Version : newbie

stephen rooke
10-11-2010, 2:20 PM
hi everyone, im thinking of starting up my own engraving business doing, glassware, name engraving etc.

how much would it cost to get a laser engraver, i think the trotec Speedy 100 looks like a good machine, any help is appreciated,

as i say, im a newbie and im trying to read all the info i can find:)

Joe Pelonio
10-11-2010, 2:49 PM
Some of the vendors don't put prices on their websites, so you have to contact them. Last I heard that model runs $12,000-$20,000 depending on power and accessories. If you search this section, you will see many threads on the struggles of starting a new engraving business. If you haven't already looked, they could be very helpful.

There are additional costs besides the machine itself, and one needs a lot of business to make a profit.

Dan Hintz
10-11-2010, 2:53 PM
Chip has a really good deal on a Speedy 300... maybe more power/size than you think you need, but it's amazing how fast business plans grow once you get into it.

stephen rooke
10-11-2010, 3:17 PM
can anyone reccomend a good laser engraver i could get used. seen a few posts about older machines which seem good

also seen the zing laset systems which seem to retail at £5.5k in UK. lots to think about

Frank Corker
10-12-2010, 5:00 AM
Chip Steve is in the UK, he'd be crippled with shipping charges to bring it to the UK. Steve I suggest you contact Identify dot co dot uk and speak with them, they are Epilog dealers but quite often they have used machines available to them also.

Dan Hintz
10-12-2010, 6:18 AM
Stephen,

Please add your location to your account... I wouldn't have suggested Chip's if I knew you were across the pond.