PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly customer service

Jerry Ingraham
12-21-2004, 6:24 PM
After having read many a post both pro and con about Grizzly customer service, I am anticipating the outcome of my own dilemna. I bought a 1023s from them and intend to couple it up to my Craftsman contractor with a router table in between the two. I found that the long rails and the tube are available as replacement parts, so last week I ordered them. Now, I have ordered parts from them before and had no problems (one time a part was wrong and they shipped me the correct one immediately) in fact I ordered the wrong blades for my jointer and they sent the correct ones to me with no shipping charges.
After a week and no parts, I called today and got a slight song and dance about them being mislabeled and wasn't I lucky that they hadn't shipped them cause I would have received the wrong parts! :rolleyes: How the guy pulling the parts knew that they were wrong for my tablesaw is a mystery! ;)
The lady helping me apologized profusely, and asked if there was anything she could do, to which i replied "Just have them expedite the shipping so that I have them before next week" she says "I can't do anymore than I have, I'm sure they'll get them right out" :confused:
So we'll see how quickly they show and hopefully keep my faith in them steady!

Dave Right
12-22-2004, 1:31 PM
I had a problem with my bandsaw motor which they told me on 12/7 that it was the capacitor and would ship it out right away. One week later I called and it has not been shipped so was on the phone for 45 minutes long distance to get someone else to get the OK from a supervisor to 2nd day the 3 ounce item!
During the interim I had the capacitor checked and it was the motor. So I called and they would send out a new motor asap which was on a Wenesday 12/15 . The following Monday ( 12/20) I called and it has not been shipped. Took 2 more calls before I could talk to a supervisor which explained to me that the motor that they would ship to me was damaged so they were looking for another one.
Suppose to be shipped Today 12/22 and was willing to ship it 2nd day but since I will be away I told them to save their money and ship it normal.
It will be 3 weeks by the time I hope to have the new motor and customer service on this problem sucked!
\
So you are not alone.

Bill Arnold
12-22-2004, 2:37 PM
My only contact with Grizzly Customer Service turned out very positive. Nothing as complex as the other two posters described, but still a problem to me. When I ordered my G0513 bandsaw, I also ordered a few blades for it from Grizzly. The 1/4" and 1/2" blades were fine, but the 1" blades I got for resawing were a disaster; the welds were so far out of line there was about 1/8" of variation as the blade would through its path. They sent a replacement blade immediately, but it was just as bad. I requested an RMA to return them for credit. They responded right away and I sent the blades back. A few days later, the adjustment showed on my credit card. So, overall it was a positive experience.