PDA

View Full Version : PC Greeting

John Miliunas
12-21-2004, 5:39 PM
From us ("the wishor") to you ("hereinafter called the wishee") Please accept without obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all

... and a financially successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2005, but with due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects whose contributions to society have helped make America great, (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only "AMERICA" in the western hemisphere), and having regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform or dietary preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms that-

This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal
This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor are acknowledged.
This greeting implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement any of the wishes.
This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishees in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor.
This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first.
The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor
Any references in this greeting to "the Lord", "Father Christmas", "Our Saviour", or any other festive figures, whether actual or fictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referenced third party names and images are hereby acknowledged. :D
Oh, and for the "rest" of you, MERRY CHRISTMAS, from my family to yours!:) :cool:

Glenn Clabo
12-21-2004, 6:02 PM
Thank you John...And Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!.

Jim Becker
12-21-2004, 6:18 PM
2001???

OK...Happy Holidayz!

John Miliunas
12-21-2004, 6:24 PM
2001???

OK...Happy Holidayz!
Good catch, Jim! Anyhow, that's how OLD this piece is!:) :cool:

Ted Shrader
12-21-2004, 6:33 PM
John -

Ain't that the truth! . . . Still . . . . Maybe even getting worse. :( :(

Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah or whatever you celebrate! Just pick something, not some generic expression. Notice after Christmas has passed that everyone will say Happy New Year without fear of recrimination.

Ted

Karl Laustrup
12-21-2004, 7:10 PM
SPRING!!, I didn't know you knew that many big words.:D Shoot, I don't reckon I know but about a handful of them and what they mean.

However, I do know that I wish you and all the SMC family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

It's good to be back!

Karl

Bruce Page
12-21-2004, 7:13 PM
I had to copy that and send it to some rebel friends of mine - they'll love it! :D :D

Thanks John

Jerry Olexa
12-21-2004, 7:13 PM
John, I guess I was politically incorrect in my thread "WW greeting". Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and your family, I also liked your church humor note.

Betsy Yocum
12-21-2004, 9:06 PM
John - that's a wonderful piece. Merry Christmas to you and yours - and a happy holiday to all!!

Betsy

Dennis Peacock
12-21-2004, 9:36 PM
Merry Christmas John....many you and your family have the best holiday ever.

Merry Christmas to you all!!!! :D

Danny Jennings
12-22-2004, 6:07 PM
May I add my wishes for a happy holiday season (Merry Christmas, Happy Hanaka...I don't know how to spell it, and Happy New Year) to my woodworking friends on SMC. :) :) :)

Danny from SE Texas where it is supposed to be freezing but no "white stuff" this Christmas.

Ken Garlock
12-22-2004, 9:14 PM
Merry Christmas

and down with the aclu

John Miliunas
12-22-2004, 11:25 PM
Merry Christmas

and down with the aclu
Hey Ken, in yet another attempt to be PC, let me say that I would gladly indulge in an adult libation in response to your astute observation! :D :cool:

larry merlau
12-23-2004, 11:12 AM
you sound like some gov. offishal you nt been practcn yur spech nuff. and maybe yur to smart fer tyhe rst of us :D will taste the egg nog and think of you. :D

John Miliunas
12-23-2004, 11:31 AM
you sound like some gov. offishal you nt been practcn yur spech nuff. and maybe yur to smart fer tyhe rst of us :D will taste the egg nog and think of you. :D
"Too smart...."???:confused: Heck no...Just long-winded and don't know enough to shut-up!:rolleyes: :) :cool:

Chuck Wintle
12-23-2004, 11:33 AM
Does a PC Goodbye exist? Just wondering.