PDA

View Full Version : DeWalt 735 table not flat

Gary Pennington
10-10-2010, 9:52 PM
Been going thru my equipment following John White's excellent "Care and Repair of Shop Machines" and found the table on my 735 kicks up about .007" in just 2 inches on one side. The book says up to .005" OOF is OK. If it needs to be squared, remove the table and shim with aluminum foil. Decided I'd square mine to the blades.

Well, I've looked and have no clue as to how to remove the table. I can't find any screws, it looks like it's glued in place--can that be? It should be a user replaceable wear item but the manual is zero help, but I'm just lost. Anyone have any idea how to remove the table?

Thanks, Gary

Jeff Monson
10-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Gary, I believe the table is not seperate from the cast bottom, I checked into replacement of mine a couple years ago and it was all one piece, if my memory serves me correctly it was around $200.00 for a new one. I wouldnt think your table issue would affect final appearance or thickness.

Josiah Bartlett
10-10-2010, 11:14 PM
You could put a piece of melamine in there as a sub table and shim that if you don't mind losing a bit of total capacity.

Gary Pennington
10-11-2010, 7:23 AM
Jeff & Josiah,
Thanks, I didn't think the amount of OOF was going to be a big issue, but thought I'd adjust it while I'm going thru each piece of equipment. The sub table is a good idea, I may just do that as I can't forsee needing to plane 6".

Thanks to you both, Gary