PDA

View Full Version : My First Bottle Stoppers

George Guadiane
10-08-2010, 11:43 AM
I showed them at our club meeting and someone said they might be too tall to go in the fridge... I'll look out for that in the future, but I liked the forms and I like the added accents.
All of the detail beads were done with the Nano tool (love it!)
From the left:
Press fitted genuine faceted citrine
Press fit Hard enameled Sterling antique pocketwatch back cover.
Press fit coral
All but the curly ash are cocobolo or Brazilian Walnut

bob svoboda
10-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Some very nice detail in those stoppers. Nice work, George.

Mark Hubl
10-08-2010, 12:00 PM
George,

Those look good. They may be a bit on the tall side. I do a wine bottle shape also, but make the diameter a little wider and embed the stopper within the wine bottle. This can make it a little shorter on the bottle. Need to size it to fit around the top of the bottle. Usually if I embed it I will use a silicone stopper. Nice designs.

Lee Koepke
10-08-2010, 12:15 PM
I just ordered my first bottle stopper kit, hope my first ones come out that nice!

Alan Zenreich
10-08-2010, 12:58 PM
When I make stoppers, I suggest that bottle stoppers not be put in the refrigerator... but instead used at the table.

I think using the cork in the refrigerator is a better idea and avoids any issues with stopper height, and also potential issues with humidity and temperature on the handle material and finish.

Steve Schlumpf
10-08-2010, 1:21 PM
Nice work George! Really like the variety of forms and inlays!

Tim Rinehart
10-08-2010, 2:39 PM
George, beautiful stoppers. I haven't done a stopper yet...nice to see so many great ideas out there before I do! ;)

When I make stoppers, I suggest that bottle stoppers not be put in the refrigerator... but instead used at the table.

I think using the cork in the refrigerator is a better idea and avoids any issues with stopper height, and also potential issues with humidity and temperature on the handle material and finish.

Alan, I do agree with this statement.

Jim Burr
10-08-2010, 5:03 PM
Nice work George!! Not all wine goes in the fridge so sometimes a little tall isn't a bad thing.

gary Zimmel
10-08-2010, 5:14 PM
Nice batch of stoppers George..

Billy Tallant
10-09-2010, 8:58 PM
Great looking stoppers!

Bernie Weishapl
10-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Those are some great looking stoppers George. Lots of different designs.