PDA

View Full Version : Faucet installation question

Craig D Peltier
10-07-2010, 6:34 PM
My handles an faucet head beauty rings that meet the counter spin around freely.
Am I suppose to put some clear silicon around it? Is that the standard? I cant tighten the handle down or faucets any tighter due to restricted space. Nothing jiggles.

Thanks

Jim gormley
10-07-2010, 6:59 PM
Just lift up the rings and put a dollop of silicone underneath them, then press them back down.

Stephen Tashiro
10-08-2010, 4:27 PM
Craig,
I'm curious what you mean by the "restricted space" that keeps you from tightening down the faucet handles.

Craig D Peltier
10-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Craig,
I'm curious what you mean by the "restricted space" that keeps you from tightening down the faucet handles.

My sinks are deep and maybe 2-3 inches off of wall, so you have the threaded pipe coming down to lock it into counter and then very close to it the hot and cold water spigots. I cant even squeeze a socket in there never mind any type of good grip with plyers or wrench, I cant even open the wrench nor the plyers wide enough to grab such a large ring.

Kevin Groenke
10-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Basin Wrench

http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDepotCanada/images/catalog/15814.T151_4.jpg

You can also just get one that attaches to a standard 3/8" drive ratchet or extension (maybe a few extensions ;-).

http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDepotCanada/images/catalog/15814.T166_4.jpg

Randy Cohen
10-11-2010, 6:39 AM
you can pack the underside of the rings with plumbers putty.

Craig D Peltier
10-11-2010, 6:41 PM
Thanks, I took the faucet handles off and tightened it. The actual faucet head though, I was under there again, theres a nut then a C shaped disc that keeps it over the granite hole I guess. The nut that tightens the head down to the faucet is so tight in there, I tried a wrench and then needle nose pliers but never could get a good enough tighten on it. I think on the faucet head I will just put some silicone beading around it since I dont think that basin wrench will fit in there either.