PDA

View Full Version : what my daughter brought home from school today...

Tim Morton
12-20-2004, 8:00 PM
I was speechless...and she told me wood shop is her favorite class. She is 15 and is taking wood shop as a "fun' class. maybe she will end up building fine furniture to go along with her interior design ambitions. :D

Jim Young
12-20-2004, 8:04 PM
Nice. When does she get to use your tools? :)

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-20-2004, 8:20 PM
Genes with always show. Tell your daughter that it's beautiful ................ and WATCH your tools.

Bruce

Mark Singer
12-20-2004, 8:23 PM
Shes taken over Pop! Must be a great teacher....we never did anything that nice in woodshop and she has your talent...

Gary Max
12-20-2004, 8:31 PM
Just start buying her---New Tools or you will never find yours.
She is off to a great start and will enjoy her new craft for years.
Oh make sure she signs and Dates those items---her grandkids will get a kick out of it.

Ted Shrader
12-20-2004, 8:36 PM
Tim -

Good for your daughter. Not one, but four projects. She is really doing nice work! PAss along my congratulations.

Ted

Lou Morrissette
12-20-2004, 9:14 PM
Don't be surprised when you notice frilly accents in your shop, Tim.:D Your daughter does real nice work.

Lou

Ron Jones near Indy
12-20-2004, 9:25 PM
Tell your daughter AND her teacher that they are doing a great job!

Terry Hatfield
12-20-2004, 9:28 PM
Tim,

Great!!!! You should be very proud and your daughter as well. As another Dad with a talented wwing daughter I say enjoy and make sure she doesn't have her own key to the shop or she may take over. :D

Terry

Jerry Crawford
12-20-2004, 9:29 PM
hear-hear, kudo's

Jerry Olexa
12-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Tim Great work You should be proud. That ranks right up there ALMOST as good as The BoSox winning the pennant/world series! Congratulations! Your daughter does beautiful work!

Tim Morton
12-20-2004, 10:59 PM
That ranks right up there ALMOST as good as The BoSox winning the pennant/world series!

Right now I'm watching the Patriots doing everything they can to give the game away tonight to the phins...

Jim Stastny
12-20-2004, 11:04 PM
Excellent work. As good or better than many of the things posted on this site. Tell her to keep up the good work!!!!

John Miliunas
12-20-2004, 11:06 PM
Tim, please extend my compliments to that very talented young lady of yours! She may indeed have a good teacher or two, but she's the one doing the learning and a knock-em-up job of it, at that! :) :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
12-21-2004, 8:42 AM
Tim...your daughter did an excellent job and you're in trouble! I used to have an excellent tool set until my 3 kids became drivers and wanted to do their own minor mechanicing! I don't believe I have a complete set of anything!...allens...wrenches..... sockets.......While I use some of those at work, I have my work tools that remain in my company vehicle and those in my shop. Anyone can borrow my shop tools (not woodworking tools, of course) but NO ONE borrows my "work tools". But .......you are going to have to loan her your woodworking tools........you're in trouble.....

Jerry Crawford
12-21-2004, 8:57 AM
Tim, having a successful connection with a daughter is a blessing. I envy you the journey. How about registering her here on the site so she can contribute and get feedback from the group.

Tyler Howell
12-21-2004, 9:14 AM
Tim, Does she still let you use your tools?

Kudos!

Jim Becker
12-21-2004, 9:21 AM
Tim, with all the things that a teenage daughter could bring home from school...you a truly blessed!! If you are not doing so already, encouraging her to spend time with you in your shop would be wonderful! Beautiful work, too...

Jerry Crawford
12-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Tim, with all the things that a teenage daughter could bring home from school...you a truly blessed!! If you are not doing so already, encouraging her to spend time with you in your shop would be wonderful! Beautiful work, too...

hear- hear, Jim

Jim Hinze
12-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Wow.. great work and to echo everyone else, she must have an awesome instructor...

Better start buying two of everything....

Oh yea, some day your gonna hear the words that will warm your heart.... "Dad, we need more clamps..."

Pete Lamberty
12-21-2004, 10:42 AM
Tell her what a great job she did. :) I didn't make any thing that nice until I was in my thirthies. Now go buy her all the tools that she wants. :D

larry merlau
12-21-2004, 2:36 PM
i can imagine the expression of you when she brought that home from school. looks very nice and as long as you can keep her from the boys you got a good partner :D and the tools are going to be alot busier now that you have seen her desire. congrats to both of you :cool:

Cliff Newton
12-22-2004, 9:01 AM
Very nice. That beats the crud out of my high school shop project. You should have seen it. It was a total mess :o

Brian Buckley
12-22-2004, 8:25 PM
Tim,

I cant wait to show these PICS to my 15 year old daughter. I would love to spend time with her in the shop. First class work from what I know must be a first class Daughter.

Brian

Joe Mioux
12-22-2004, 9:12 PM
Tim:

You got your Christmas present early this year, didn't you?! Where will these pieces be placed in your house?

Joe

Tim Morton
12-22-2004, 10:09 PM
Where will these pieces be placed in your house?

The shelf is in her bedroom now and will stay there, the coffee table is also in her rooom through christmas where it will then be moved into our family room.