PDA

View Full Version : More intarsia Christmas gifts

Lou Morrissette
12-20-2004, 5:39 PM
Got a chance to finish another intarsia piece this weekend. It's another of Judy Gayle Roberts' design. It's made of walnut, white pine, southern yellow pine and red cedar. The finish is 3 coats of Bartley gel. Thanks for looking.

Lou

Jim Dunn
12-20-2004, 6:00 PM
Lou that's a real pretty design/finish you got there. My wife wants to know when I'll make something like it. Course told her it would take years to get this proffienct.

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-20-2004, 8:32 PM
That is Cute. Whoever get it should be very happy.

Bruce

Lou Morrissette
12-21-2004, 8:29 AM
Lou that's a real pretty design/finish you got there. My wife wants to know when I'll make something like it. Course told her it would take years to get this proffienct.
It's realy a matter of patience more than skill, Jim. And it's a lot of fun.

Lou

Wes Newman
12-21-2004, 9:05 AM
Lou, Great looking piece. I'd love to make a few of those to hang in my daughter's room.

Jim Becker
12-21-2004, 9:42 AM
Lou...wonderful work. Perhaps you'd consider posting a short pictorial that introduces folks to what intarsa is all about. A few shots of the steps you take from start to finish would be nice!

Lou Morrissette
12-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Lou...wonderful work. Perhaps you'd consider posting a short pictorial that introduces folks to what intarsa is all about. A few shots of the steps you take from start to finish would be nice!
Thanks, Jim. I'd be glad to do it. As a matter of fact, I have to chose a design for an upcoming project I need to do. It's for a new grandchild we are expecting in April. As soon as we know what it's going to be, I'll be glad to shoot a few pics with a description of the various steps involved.

Lou

Michael Stafford
12-21-2004, 12:25 PM
Lou, charming work and beautifully executed. Ms. Roberts would be pleased to see her design so well done. Keep up the good work.