PDA

View Full Version : Fine Woodworking - latest issue

Carl Eyman
12-20-2004, 3:50 PM
One of our number (was it Jim Becker?) alerted us to the article on bed design in the current FWW. As important as that was, I think the big news is that Scott Phillips is going to have a show on PBS starting in March. Well, it's not David Marks, but to my mind the more such shows on TV the better. FWW said the theme music was composed by none other than Jeff Jewitt; so you know it'll be good. My gosh that guy is talented!

Charles McKinley
12-20-2004, 5:02 PM
Now if my local channel will carry it??? I hope so.

Bob Hovde
12-20-2004, 5:05 PM
Scott Phillips has had a show on Alabama Public Television that is great. He does some amazing things with a band saw, but also does good shows on just about every type of woodworking during the season.

Bob

Lou Morrissette
12-20-2004, 5:49 PM
That's good news, Carl. I've always enjoyed his shows.Hope out local PBS station carries it.

Lou

Alan Turner
12-21-2004, 6:15 AM
Jeff did the music, huh? I took a 3 day seminar with him several years ago and recall that he got into finishing becuase he wanted to learn how to do a starburst pattern on his guitar. I think he is still heavily into music.
Alan

Bill Arnold
12-21-2004, 8:16 AM
... I think the big news is that Scott Phillips is going to have a show on PBS starting in March. ...
I must be missing something here (another senior moment???). Scott Phillips has had a program called 'American Woodshop' on PBS for years. It's produced in Houston and I watch it frequently here in the Tampa area.

http://www.americanwoodshop.org/episodes/

Ted Shrader
12-21-2004, 8:45 AM
Yeah, me too! Our PBS station only carries NYW and no other WWing programs. Still run the regular Beg-A-Thons, though.

Ted

Jim Becker
12-21-2004, 9:16 AM
I must be missing something here (another senior moment???). Scott Phillips has had a program called 'American Woodshop' on PBS for years. It's produced in Houston and I watch it frequently here in the Tampa area.
Scott's starting a new show, Bill...mentioned on page 6 of the Feb 2005 issue of Fine Woodworking in the call out about Jeff Jewitt at the top of the page.

Bill Arnold
12-22-2004, 9:54 AM
Scott's starting a new show, Bill...mentioned on page 6 of the Feb 2005 issue of Fine Woodworking in the call out about Jeff Jewitt at the top of the page.
My copy of FWW arrived late yesterday -- just started flipping through it this morning and saw the article.