PDA

View Full Version : Latest completed bowl...

Brent Grooms
10-06-2010, 4:38 AM
The picts from my cell are not really up to snuff but it does show the form well. Its cherry ~7in dia. It was closer to 10 but a "design change opportunity" altered things abit.

I dont know if I can do this but if I dont get my walnut bowl finished in time, can this be entered in the turning challenge with new/better photographs?

William Hutchinson
10-06-2010, 7:07 AM
Nice smooth turning and finish show the cherry very well. I like the crisp edge treatment. For me, the hole detracts from the pristine character of the piece. The 'mature' cherry color will enrich the piece over time.

John Keeton
10-06-2010, 7:33 AM
Nice work, Brent! Unfortunately, the rules do not permit you to enter this one as we do not want public comment on contest entries. Contest entries cannot be posted here twice.

Not to worry though, I bet you get the walnut bowl done in time!

Steve Schlumpf
10-06-2010, 9:48 AM
Brent - good looking bowl! I really like the form and the hole is there so you can hang it on the wall! Cool idea!

Looking forward to seeing your walnut bowl entry!

Bernie Weishapl
10-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Great looking bowl Brent. The hole just gives it character.

David E Keller
10-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Looks like a diet bowl... I'd surely lose a few pounds eating out of that thing, and my dogs would absolutely love it!

Nice work!

Baxter Smith
10-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Pretty bowl. My eye is instantly drawn to that hole every time I look at this. Guess that makes this one eyecatching!:)