PDA

View Full Version : laser exhaust

Neil Pabia
10-05-2010, 1:06 PM
Maybe someone can help me with this one. My laser has a 6" exhaust port, will the DC3 from Penn state work or do I need to find a 6" exhaust blower? I already have a reducer to make it fit. Thanks

Dan Hintz
10-05-2010, 1:09 PM
Worry more about what level of vacuum you need... if you need 250CFM at 4", find a DC that will get you at least that amount. PSI is pretty good about putting up vacuum charts...

Richard Rumancik
10-05-2010, 9:01 PM
Neil, what laser do you have? I would suspect that the laser manufacturer is trying to tell you something by putting on that 6" port. That's not to say you can't get adequate flow through a 4" pipe but it will be more difficult. The manufacturer will tell you the required flow at a specific pressure (they often use 6" water column for some reason). Maybe you can still achieve the pressure/flow parameter, but a reducer will add quite a large impedance in the exhaust system.

Neil Pabia
10-06-2010, 3:59 PM
This laser is in a shop next door to mine. The owner hasn't a clue as to what it is but it looks like a rabbit, and he bought it direct from China. The laser is supposed to be 80 watts but has trouble cutting through thin wood veneer so am trying to help them get it up and cutting properly, right now it has the factory exhaust which leaves smoke in the chamber. I had recommended he get in touch with Mr. Jaragowsky and maybe he could help him with it.

Robert Walters
10-06-2010, 5:29 PM
Neil,

What the the laser table dimensions (include apx height if you can)?

And what is the 'factory exhaust', a fan?

Neil Pabia
10-15-2010, 5:12 PM
The table is about 46"x30" and the height is about 12". The factory exhaust is a little fan that sits on a shelf under the table, we put on a 900cfm dust collector and it is working much better now. Thanks for all the input on this.