PDA

View Full Version : Sawstop left wing router table

Russell Tribby
10-03-2010, 3:11 PM
I'm in the beginning stages of looking at a ICS 3hp and have spent the last thirty minutes trying to track down an aftermarket left wing router table that I could add. I've come up with nothing. I've had two router tables in my ts setup for the past 5 years and love it, I can't imagine going back to just one. Does anyone offer a cast iron router table extension for the left side of the SS ICS?

Jim O'Dell
10-03-2010, 3:25 PM
Is the ICS the standard 27" depth? If so, what's the difference between a left and right wing? The wings on both of my saws are interchangeable. If there is one that fits the right side, it should fit the left side just fine. Is there something about this saw that makes my observation wrong? Jim.

Will Overton
10-03-2010, 3:31 PM
Is the ICS the standard 27" depth? If so, what's the difference between a left and right wing? The wings on both of my saws are interchangeable. If there is one that fits the right side, it should fit the left side just fine. Is there something about this saw that makes my observation wrong? Jim.

30 inch depth

Russell Tribby
10-03-2010, 3:32 PM
As far as I've been able to determine the ICS is 30", according to the spec sheet on the website. I can't imagine that someone hasn't come up with a 30" extension wing for this purpose.

Jim O'Dell
10-03-2010, 5:43 PM
Well, it would be a limited audience. Hard to recoup the tooling costs. Shame that Quality Grinding seems to have stopped building RT wings. You might contact them and see what it would take to talk them into making you one. Jim.

Tim Janssen
10-03-2010, 8:35 PM
How about filling in the difference between the 27" depth of an available cast iron router table wing and the 30" depth of the SawStop ICS by using rectangular or U shaped tubing between the rail or rails and front and or rear edges of the router table top. You'd have to cut notches for the miter slots. Grizzly sells a cast iron router table top.

Tim

Gary Green
10-03-2010, 9:05 PM
I'm in the beginning stages of looking at a ICS 3hp and have spent the last thirty minutes trying to track down an aftermarket left wing router table that I could add. I've come up with nothing. I've had two router tables in my ts setup for the past 5 years and love it, I can't imagine going back to just one. Does anyone offer a cast iron router table extension for the left side of the SS ICS?
Look at Incra.

They have the LS setup for the ICS and offer a router table setup for the ICS. It's not the same as their other SS offering because the ICS is 30" deep.

That's the setup I intend for my ICS when I get one.

michael case
10-03-2010, 9:29 PM
Russel,

I have the ICS. On my right side router table I filled in with 1 1/2" maple on each edge in order to use my existing 27" router table with the 30" ICS table. Its pretty straight forward. I attached the table to the maple and used beefy wood screws to attach the rails to the maple fillers. The hard part with a cast iron router table would not be attaching it to the fence, but to the ICS table itself. The difficulty would be that the bolt holes on the 27" router table won't line up with the threaded wing attachment holes on the 30" ICS. I guess you'll have to drill new ones.

The ICS itself is a beautiful machine. I had a PM 66 before the ICS. The ICS is a vast upgrade in quality not mention safety. You will love this machine.