PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0564 owners - quick question

Greg Roberts
10-03-2010, 12:12 PM
I just received my new Grizzly G0564. It took three days from the time I ordered it. Very nicely crated, and no problems at all with damage. I ordered liftgate service, and I picked it up with my pallet jack and smooth as can be.

Looks like a pretty nice machine for the money. I haven't got it up and running yet though.

But I noticed when I put a belt on, that the belt tension release handle doesn't want to go all the way back down. In the manual, it just says to push the handle down, it doesn't say how far. So my question is how far down does the handle go? With no belt on, the handle goes all the way to the bottom. Right now, with a belt on, it's just in the middle of it's travel, and I can push it down more, but there's no positive snap down or anything. It's just kind of hanging out there.

Greg

glenn bradley
10-03-2010, 12:44 PM
I have been dreaming of one of these so I have looked over the manual several times. I assume that once the tension lever is "pushed down" far enough to close the lid, spring tension will settle in during belt position adjustment (up and down). The tension would not lock as this would cause all sorts of grief as belts heat and cool or wear.

Ed Hazel
10-03-2010, 2:35 PM
With no belt on, the handle goes all the way to the bottom. Right now, with a belt on, it's just in the middle of it's travel, and I can push it down more, but there's no positive snap down or anything. It's just kind of hanging out there.

Greg

That is how mine is if the handle went all the way down there would not be any tension on the belt the handle just kind of floats

Greg Roberts
10-03-2010, 5:05 PM
Thanks.

I guess it floats on purpose to account for minor differences in belt sizing, or if the belt stretches a little.

Another question - Should I be concerned that the platen is not level with the belt? If the graphite coating of the platen is flush with the top of the belt on one side, it is up 1/2" on the other side.

Greg