PDA

View Full Version : Never Be Afraid To Ask.....

Joe Scarfo
10-02-2010, 9:39 PM
Tonight I drove down to Milwaukee to grab a never used Jet AFS-1000B air filter to hang from the ceiling in the shop....

On the way out the door I noticed a very very old wooden propeller leaning in the corner and asked.... "is that propeller for sale too?".. Guy said yep...

Net net.. $160 for the air filter and $130 for the propeller....

It's off a 1930's Stearman Biplane and looks seriously cool... I don't know whether to hang it in the shop or lean it in the corner of the living room by the fireplace....

Thanks for listening... and I'll try to get pics up tomorrow when there is some light

Joe

Mike Heidrick
10-02-2010, 10:19 PM
I think you should prop it up ;)

Kim Gibbens
10-02-2010, 10:25 PM
That's cool. Stearmans were built in the little town I grew up in.

Leo Graywacz
10-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Doesn't exist without pics :D

Tom Ewell
10-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Cool, my Pops initially trained in a Stearman for the AAC, as did most pilots during that era.

Kent A Bathurst
10-03-2010, 7:30 AM
... I don't know whether to hang it in the shop.........

Install a line shaft in the shop with a soft-start on a 15hp motor, and the prop at the end aiming at the [open] door - reversed, of course. Then you won't even need the air filter.

Might need to consider some safety barriers, tho........:D

Callan Campbell
10-03-2010, 8:58 AM
Install a line shaft in the shop with a soft-start on a 15hp motor, and the prop at the end aiming at the [open] door - reversed, of course. Then you won't even need the air filter.

Might need to consider some safety barriers, tho........:D
You might be onto something. Now that's a "Prop-a-filter" for my shop. What do you mean you've never seen one? No pesky replacement filter canisters or bags need, just lots of spring clamps and weights to keep all the loose stuff in the shop from flying out the door once the thing gets to full speed.:rolleyes: I think you can "co-brand" this contraption with some dust collection company out there, go for it Kent!:p I get a small kickback on the cool name though.