PDA

View Full Version : NM Woodturners

Michael James
10-02-2010, 8:38 PM
Made it to my 2nd meeting and won again! No Jimmy Clewes this time but 2 great presentations on tool making and handle making. These folks are still pretty high after the run at our annual state fair, and some with braggin rights and ribbons!
I won a gift card to woodcraft which is pre spent...:cool: and the beautiful little lidded box made of apricot and apple. The colored mosaic looks like it was inlaid. The person that made it was not there, so I have no other specifics.
Oh..... and a copy of Alan Lacer's "son of skew" to view for a month for a $1 rental fee............:D

I think I'll be going back!

John Keeton
10-02-2010, 8:42 PM
Michael, sounds like you are on a roll!!! Glad the club is working out for you.

Steve Schlumpf
10-02-2010, 8:53 PM
Michael - Congrats on your wins! Turning clubs are great and become even more fun once you decide to get involved - such as becoming an officer, writing a newsletter, giving demos, etc.

Hey - glad to hear you are enjoying the club!

Tom Sherman
10-02-2010, 9:57 PM
Congratulations Mike, nice looking little box, and I know the card will help out.

Michael James
10-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Michael - Congrats on your wins! Turning clubs are great and become even more fun once you decide to get involved - such as becoming an officer, writing a newsletter, giving demos, etc.

Thanks guys..... Steve, at this point I'm willing to help set up and tear down, and go-fer.... I suppose they could use me in a newbie - master comparison.:eek: But everyone there has already been here......

Universe willin, that day will come............:cool:

David E Keller
10-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Glad you had fun... I'd love to find a club to join, but there are none in this area... I may just have to wait for updates from you.