PDA

View Full Version : Got some time on the new mustard

philip labre
10-02-2010, 6:10 PM
I was able to get a little time to try the new lathe. LOML may not see me this winter, this thing is sweet. Walnut crotch and spalted maple mills. Still need to be buffed, waxed and have the mechanisms installed.

Bernie Weishapl
10-02-2010, 6:55 PM
Those are fine looking mills. I do like the form. Well done.

Steve Schlumpf
10-02-2010, 6:59 PM
Those look great Philip! Good to hear you are enjoying your new lathe!

Just a reminder - our next turning club meeting is this coming Tuesday. Starts at 7 pm but most folks get there early to check out what Bell Lumber Products has in their discount bins. Hope to see you there!

Pete Jordan
10-02-2010, 7:10 PM
Hey Phillip,

Get her a cardboard cut out.

philip labre
10-02-2010, 7:12 PM
Thanks Steve, I was supposed to be in Marquette Tuesday and had planned to attend, but now we will be in Iron River instead.

David E Keller
10-03-2010, 2:08 PM
I don't know how I missed these, but they are sweet. I love the modern form... It really lets the wood do the talking, and that wood is screaming 'look at me!'

philip labre
10-03-2010, 2:36 PM
Got them finished today. Finish is just walnut oil and beeswax. I'm not a fan of using a hard finish on food items. Thank you everyone for the comments. Here's a better pic too.

William Hutchinson
10-05-2010, 1:25 PM
This is some fine looking timber, sort of an Osolnikian candleholder form. Your dinner guests will ask for salt and pepper just to look at your creations.

Tim Rinehart
10-05-2010, 1:37 PM
Very nice looking mills and beautiful wood. I like that design. Is that something that Osolnik work is typical of? I may need to review some of his work to search out more.

Well done.