PDA

View Full Version : Gloats and Creeker mettings all in one.

John Shuk
12-19-2004, 7:13 PM
Today I got to go to the Edison woodworking show and came away a happy guy. I met Jim Becker and Robert Tarr there to pick up my new (Jims Old) workbench. I also got to spend a few minutes with Dino Makropoulos. A very nice guy with big plans for the smart guide system. After the exchange I was told by LOML that I could go ahead with the Table saw purchase. I bought a right tilt Delta Unisaw with 50" Biesmeyer fence. The show price was awesome and they even promised to deliver it for free. That is a 2 hour drive away! To compliment the saw I bought a Bench Dogs cast iron router table which will take the place of the left wing of the Unisaw. Of course I had to go over to 3D sawblades and get a new Forrest Woodworker 2 to put on the new bad boy. Picked up a few other incidentals but got to meet some good people and get some butt kicking tools. Enjoy the big bandsaw Bob! :D

John Shuk
12-19-2004, 7:15 PM
Pics will follow when the saw and router table actually get here! I promise.

Jim Becker
12-19-2004, 7:42 PM
It was nice meeting you and your lovely, John. 'Glad your show was "productive", too!! Personally, I was very restrained, only buying a couple of DVDs from Lie-Nielson, a couple of MicroPlanes and a TS insert. Pics will come later...as well as a few pics of Robert's new MM16...which we just moved into his basement about an hour ago via the Bilco doors. Fun.

Keith Christopher
12-19-2004, 7:43 PM
Man I can hear Tyler in his patrol car sirens wailing.

Jim Becker
12-19-2004, 7:54 PM
7:54P -- Well, as for me...the stuff is in the shop and I'm in the house and it's snowing like heck at the moment! I guess I'll just have to take a beating...(Dr SWMBO said she'd be happy to assist...)

-------

8:57P -- Oh, Ok...here's a couple of show-related pics. In the first one, Robert Tarr is anxiously waiting to "check out" at the Lie-Nielson booth. He's the one "looking at you" in the picture... The demo that the fellow in the booth gave on making a nice piece of very figured maple "smooth as..." was awesome. Of course, he used about $1500 of hand planes to do it!! :D

The second pic is my "take" from the show. Very restrained I was..."Small" MicroPlane set, a zero-clearance insert for my TS, a couple Lie-Nielson videos and a few freebies including a small sanding sponge and some stain sample packs from Varithane.