PDA

View Full Version : Wash(water) dust dog air filter.

Keith Harrell
09-29-2010, 4:16 PM
I have a jet 1100rc with the canister dust dog filter. It's about 5 years old with about 100 bags of filtration under it's belt. A new filter costs about $300 which is about half the cost of a new Jet dust collector so the question is can the canister be washed with water?
I have air blasted, beat about all I can to improve the suction.

Guess I could aways buy a bigger dust collector:D

Paul Wunder
09-29-2010, 7:24 PM
Keith,

$300 seems a lot for a cartridge filter. Have you checked with Dick at Wynn Environmental. The have a lot of high quality cartridge filters and can probably set you up with one. The are the folks that supply Clear Vue cyclone and work with a lot of us woodworkers to convert their bag filters to cartridges. His filters (1 micron) run about $100.

Paul

Keith Harrell
09-29-2010, 9:12 PM
I'll call them tomorrow. Any price close to $100.00 will great.

Tom Welch
09-30-2010, 9:55 AM
You cann't go wrong with Wynn Enviromental. I bought both of my filters from them, got real good service. I highly recommend them.

David Hostetler
09-30-2010, 10:04 AM
WOW those Dust Dog filters are EXPENSIVE! My Wynn 35A spun bond (the washable one) ran me about $145.00 after S&H.

Neil Brooks
09-30-2010, 10:11 AM
I have a jet 1100rc with the canister dust dog filter. It's about 5 years old with about 100 bags of filtration under it's belt. A new filter costs about $300 which is about half the cost of a new Jet dust collector so the question is can the canister be washed with water?
I have air blasted, beat about all I can to improve the suction.

:eek:

If a new one cost $300 ... I believe I'D beat the old one, too -- just on general principle :D

Wynn sounds like a good lead. I love their canister that perches atop my HF DC.

Good luck !

Gary Muto
09-30-2010, 8:12 PM
I think I payed closer to $150 for mine but it was the nano-fiber material. I think that included shipping too. It was a pleasure to do business with Wynn.

Kevin Gregoire
09-30-2010, 9:07 PM
i wonder why wynn cant make a filter the same size as the jet or dust dog canister?
its close but just a bit smaller so dont know why they cant make a perfect replacement?

also would it be possible to remove the pleated filter from between the screens and
replace it with new material?

Keith Harrell
09-30-2010, 9:18 PM
That's what I'm see looking at their filter also. That seem to attach only with a couple of turn buckles to hold in place. I like the filter but wonder what it will be like to change the bags under the filter each time the way the jet filter and bags work. I wish they had one that slipped into place. It still maybe worth the extra work.

Paul Wunder
09-30-2010, 9:30 PM
There seems to be a gap in the postings re the available Wynn Filters (maybe I missed one). But it seems that the cartridge needed for the Jet is slightly smaller than desired (diameter?). I had the same problem with Wynn's cartridge for my Delta 50-760, but I put a wooden donut on the filter mount and then screwed the filter to the donut. Worked fine. Similar process as described on Wynn's website. No turnbuckles at all. Dick Wynn walked me through the process.

Keith Harrell
09-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks Paul for the work around which sounds like great plan.

Paul Catura
12-02-2010, 1:09 PM
Check out this link where he describes washing the dust dog filter:

http://www.woodturningvideosplus.com/dust-collector.html