PDA

View Full Version : Woodworker's greeting

Jerry Olexa
12-19-2004, 3:38 PM
I'm a relative "newbie" to this forum so don't really know the past or the traditions here, if any. But I have learned the type people that frequent here and their contributions and attitudes speak volumes. I'm been very impressed with the team spirit, willingness to share, the overlooking of a flaw or a perceived bad choice and a general warm, welcoming attitude regardless of one's background/experience. We come from differing talent/skill levels but 99.9% of you (us) are willing to help the other guy in a sincere, non-judgmental manner. AND there is a HEART . When I lost my WW companion Dog (Beau) earlier this year, your feelings and mine poured through the threads. I won't forget that. You're a enviable group of outstanding people and I'm proud to be a small part of it. I want to wish ALL of you and your families and loved ones a most Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Jim Becker
12-19-2004, 8:01 PM
Jerry, Happy Holidays to you and yours. And yes, this is a very nice place to hang out...

Marshall Harrison
12-19-2004, 8:06 PM
Merry Christmas to you Jerry.

After getting back into woodworking earlier this year I was dissapointed to find that Badger Pond had dried up. In looking around for a new home it was the thread about Beau that convinced me that the Creek should be my new home. I post in some other forums but none of them hold the place in my heart that the Creek and the guys here do.

Merry Christmas and great woodworlking to all.

Kevin Arceneaux
12-19-2004, 10:42 PM
Happy Holidays to you also.

I thought the WW's greeting was to reach over and brush some saw dust off?

Don Selke
12-20-2004, 1:31 AM
Merry Christmas Jerry:
As I said before, the camaraderie here at the Creek reminds me of the many years I spent in the fire service prior to retiring. A great bunch of guys here at the Creek. The only thing you have to watch out for is the Picture Police. Every time my door bell rings, I look out the window first.

Norman Hitt
12-20-2004, 3:21 AM
And from Deep in the Heart of W. Tx, a very Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you and your Family, Jerry, and also to all of you other "Creekers" who have put up with me and helped me to keep my spirits up during this past year, which, for me, has certainly had it's ups and downs, as some of you know. Thanks again to everyone, and I wish you all Peace, Prosperity, Good Health, Love, and "Plenty of Shop Time.

Norm Hitt

Randy Moore
12-20-2004, 5:41 AM
Jerry,

I don't do a lot of posting here 'cause I don't have a lot to say. However I do read just about every post and have learned a lot, there is also some very BIG HEARTED people here.
I hope that anyone that travels this holiday season gets there and back safely. I also want to wish every one a MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Jerry Olexa
12-21-2004, 7:07 PM
After reading John Miliunas's post on "PC Greeting" , I see I used improper language in my post and furthermore, was politically incorrect etc, etc. (This is worse than being issued a summons by Tyler and the picture police!!) Anyway, A Very Merry Christmas to you and your families!! :)

Boyd Gathwright
12-21-2004, 7:47 PM
... Merry Christmas to you Jerry and to all here at the creek. I couldn't agree more with what you said and also, just as proud , as you are , to be a part of it. The only thing I can add to what you have said is; Let's not forget to thank the BIG GUY above for making Christmas possible :).

Boyd

I'm a relative "newbie" to this forum so don't really know the past or the traditions here, if any. But I have learned the type people that frequent here and their contributions and attitudes speak volumes. I'm been very impressed with the team spirit, willingness to share, the overlooking of a flaw or a perceived bad choice and a general warm, welcoming attitude regardless of one's background/experience. We come from differing talent/skill levels but 99.9% of you (us) are willing to help the other guy in a sincere, non-judgmental manner. AND there is a HEART . When I lost my WW companion Dog (Beau) earlier this year, your feelings and mine poured through the threads. I won't forget that. You're a enviable group of outstanding people and I'm proud to be a small part of it. I want to wish ALL of you and your families and loved ones a most Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Mark Singer
12-21-2004, 8:43 PM
Jerry, You found a great place! Happy holidays ...have a wonderful New Year!

larry merlau
12-22-2004, 10:33 AM
jerry this is a very nice group of folks for sure and some even remeber your birthday. as for the pic police i think your safe, they are up in the cold country and they shouldnt be lookin in your windows :D so have a good holiday and rest easy .the police are after bigger fish in the sea :D