PDA

View Full Version : No Longer A Hoarder I Think ??

John alder
09-28-2010, 2:55 PM
Well yesterday I sold my Lafayett SSB 140 CB Base station for $45,put it on Craigslist and a guy came running waving cash at me lol.Could it have been a collectors item?He wanted the orig box which I didn't have.Had lots of fun in the 70s with it,still keeping my mobile set for any road trips I might still do recently did use that to get directions from a trucker as I was going to meet a seller of a saw I was buying.(Never know what you might need sumptin fer is my motto).Now what kind of tool or equip can I buy with the $45?Not too much I'm afraid.John (dont no body ask fer my 10/20 now.

David G Baker
09-28-2010, 5:17 PM
Lafayette has been gone for years as far as I can recall. I have a couple of mobile CBs so old that they have only 3 or 4 channels. Not sure if they still work but they still look good. I am still a serious hoarder but am getting older and am thinking that if I get rid of a lot of my stuff I can buy more and hoard that. :D

Chris Damm
09-29-2010, 8:32 AM
I don't know anything about CBs but the hoarding part, I am reforming. A few years back I instituted a 10 year rule. If I haven't touched it for 10 years it's gone. I am now working on a 5 year rule but am having a little trouble with that. I'll get through it but it's slow going! The biggest problem I'm having is that my wife sees an empty shelf and feels she has to buy something to fill it so I've had to remove the shelving too.

David G Baker
09-29-2010, 1:27 PM
Chris,
I am working on the 70 year rule. If I am still alive when I reach 70 I will think about getting rid of a few things I have hoarded. If that doesn't work then I will have my SO bury it with me. :D