PDA

View Full Version : Bird roosts give Sis-in-Law a break

Fred Voorhees
12-18-2004, 8:12 PM
Had my wifes family at the house today for a Christmas celebration. Yeah, yeah, a week early, but we wanted a quiet Christmas together this year. Anyway, one of her sisters has two sons that are sort of a handful (as youngsters can be) and my wife asked me if I could come up with something that would occupy them for a while in the wood shop and give her and her sisters some time to socialize. Well, now she was talking my kind of language.

About a week or two ago, I pulled a few birdhouse and nesting box plans off of the internet and fabbed up everything ahead of time - even pre-drilled the nailing holes so that the two of them would simply need to bang in nails. Below is the results of their efforts. One was a little more adept at nailing in straight, but with a little "helping hand" the other did ok also. Besides, the goal of my wife and her sisters having some time to themselves was accomplished.

Jim Becker
12-18-2004, 8:56 PM
Very nice, Fred!! And a great way to spend time with the young fellows, too.

Ned Bulken
12-19-2004, 4:37 PM
Fred and nephews,
looks great and you couldn't ask for a better skill builder for the boys. I believe I may have to plane up some hemlock and have my two boys help with christmas presents for my parents.

have a Merry Merry and a Happy Happy !