PDA

View Full Version : Corel X4 imported graphics changing

Randy Digby
09-26-2010, 8:06 PM
I'm running X4 on Windows 7 64 bit - that may be the problem??

I have a simple Draw graphic. I imported two bmp files fine. When the design is finished, I group all and then try to copy and paste for a two-up of the graphic. In the copy, all of one bmp goes away and one of the three colors of the other (bule out of an American flag) disappear. The handles are still there for the missing graphic..just no graphic. After reimporting the bmp's several times, I changed the graphic files to png files. Same problem. So I re-create the one graphic with the two imports, save it and reopen. Now the re-opened file as well as the back-up have lost the same graphics. The omly way I can keep the file from changing is import the two graphics last and export the file as a jpg. This is ok, as long as I don't need to change anything. This one is really beating me up. Suggestions??

Roy Brewer
09-27-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm running X4 on Windows 7 64 bit - that may be the problem??Randy,

Laptop or desktop? Try this: hold down the ALT key and then hold down one of the horizontal arrow keys to nudge the graphic completely off the screen, then use the other key to bring it back into vision. Still missing?

Send it to a printer; i.e., is it really gone or is it just not being displayed?

Randy Digby
09-28-2010, 8:53 AM
Hi Roy,
Moved graphic off screen and then back on screen - still missing. Sent to printer and it printed as seen on screen - graphic missing. :(

Martin Boekers
09-28-2010, 9:04 AM
Corel does some weird things sometimes.

If I think something is not quite right I save the file
and restart Corel that is always my 1st and easiest step.

Marty

Randy Digby
09-28-2010, 9:13 AM
Me too - even did system restart. May have to call Corel to see if it's a Windows 7 thing - when I have hours to be tied up on the phone.

Robert Walters
09-28-2010, 9:34 AM
Why not install CorelDraw on another machine (non Win7) and see if the problem is still there?

It could be the OS or corrupted CorelDraw.

Also, have the latest updates and patches?

Randy Digby
09-28-2010, 8:46 PM
Good test Robert. I tried the same graphic on my notebook which is also Win 7 64 bit and the results were the same. I purchased and downloaded X5 upgrade - problem resolved.

Thanks for all the help.

Roy Brewer
09-29-2010, 12:46 AM
I purchased and downloaded X5 upgrade - problem resolved.Randy,

Would you consider sending me that file? It sure would fit into a seminar I'm going to give on advantages of X5. royZ@Zengravingconcepts.com (remove the "Z"s).

May be too late for you, but for others listening, do not purchase the X5 downloadable upgrade. Instead, purchase the boxed version and download the trial version while waiting on your real copy. You don't get all the stuff with the downloadable purchase. And to most of us, the stuff is much more valuable than the shipping charge.

Randy Digby
09-29-2010, 2:40 PM
Hi Roy,
PM with your email and I'll send the file to you. I had to upgrade on line to get an order out last night. A CD with some of the "goodies" should come in the mail. I usually find third party instructional books better than those that come with the softwar - if there are any.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.