PDA

View Full Version : What are these?

Michael Weber
09-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Went out to the shop for the first time in months. Opened a cabinet and found these things. There are four of them. The plunger is spring loaded and they look like they would slide over something and the plunger would secure it in place. Trouble is, for the life of me I can't figure out which tool they go to or why. Totally unfamiliar to me. Getting older is sooo much fun. Everyday is a new day in more ways than one.:rolleyes: Not even sure they belong to one of my tools but have no explanation why they would be in my shop otherwise. No markings on them or on the white cardboard box they were in. Look familiar to anyone? Don't want to throw them away and find out it was something I really needed:mad:

Will Overton
09-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Went out to the shop for the first time in months. Opened a cabinet and found these things. There are four of them. The plunger is spring loaded and they look like they would slide over something and the plunger would secure it in place. Trouble is, for the life of me I can't figure out which tool they go to or why. Totally unfamiliar to me. Getting older is sooo much fun. Everyday is a new day in more ways than one.:rolleyes: Not even sure they belong to one of my tools but have no explanation why they would be in my shop otherwise. No markings on them or on the white cardboard box they were in. Look familiar to anyone? Don't want to throw them away and find out it was something I really needed:mad:

Pictures would help. :D

Michael Weber
09-25-2010, 10:33 PM
:o:o sorry. working on it. okay, picture attached. forgot to mention the bodies are some kind of hard plastic material.

Darl Bundren
09-25-2010, 10:38 PM
To me they look like plastic deals you'd slip onto clamp bars.
:confused:

Will Overton
09-25-2010, 10:43 PM

Could be.

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/300/9c/9ca8d7fb-cab3-4637-873c-bc8786887e10_300.jpg (javascript:openFeatureFlex('http://fp.vendaria.com/vpop/VpopViewer.html?uid=100348635&iid=AddpfzvImumvmKvJJIIKfwKILumLKv&bg=FFFFFF&nm=BZOpener&err=0&title=&pf=t&fr=t','','587','632',true,false,false,false,false, false);)

Bill Huber
09-25-2010, 10:44 PM

To expand on this, they are the end for Cabinet Master bar clamps.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-25-2010, 10:51 PM
You don't know what a personal thrill it is to me to see that I am not the only person who does this!:o

Michael Weber
09-25-2010, 10:52 PM
:o:o:o:o Doh! :o:o:o:o

Michael Weber
09-25-2010, 10:57 PM
You don't know what a personal thrill it is to me to see that I am not the only person who does this!:o

Glad I could be of help Ken;) Not sure I want to be known for making other people feel good about bad memories. :D Kind of like, "Your not completely worthless, you can always serve as a bad example."