PDA

View Full Version : Magazines / periodicals for our trade??

Randy Digby
09-25-2010, 4:18 PM
I don't currently subscribe to any magazines or periodicals that relate to engraving / sign making /trophy / awards , but would like to do so to keep up with new ideas, technology, and etc. We are in the process of adding sublimation to our capabilities, and like everything else, I'm learning as I go.

We are not really a trophy / awards /sign shop but we use the same process and equipment.

Please offer suggestions as to pubs you find helpful so I can narrow down a search list.

Thanks.

Mike Null
09-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Here are a couple. A&E Magazine; Engraver's Journal.

john passek
09-26-2010, 2:22 AM
I get Engravers Journal.
lots of info on Sublimation and lasers,

Randy Digby
09-26-2010, 8:04 AM
Thanks guys.

Mike Null
09-26-2010, 8:38 AM
There is a sublimation magazine but I don't recall the name.

Martin Boekers
09-26-2010, 9:18 AM
EJ has a online spot to read articles, So check their website.

A&E is good and it doesn't cost for an online version.

I also get a sign magazine, I think it's Sign and Design or something like that.
I would deifinately get some outside your "realm" as you never know what
your clients will ask for.

I developed a strong cliental that will come see me first because they trust
if I can't get it done I can guide them to someone that can. It saves them time
and money and basically gives me first right of refusal if you know what I mean;)

Marty

Richard Rumancik
09-26-2010, 10:35 PM
You can download CorelDraw Help magazine from
www.coreldrawhelp.com/MagazineDL.htm (http://www.coreldrawhelp.com/MagazineDL.htm)

It used to be called CorelDraw Pro magazine. The issues download as a pdf file. I don't know where the official archive page is for back issues, but you can change the URL as needed to get old pdfs. They changed the name in 2009 so I don't know if the 2008 issues are available or not - perhaps contact them if you want to look at the older issues.