PDA

View Full Version : sad morning

Robert Culver
09-25-2010, 8:33 AM
:( while photograghing the d-8 handle im re-doing one of the screws fell out of it and went over my deck into the gound cover I spent about a hour searching for it to no avail. If anybody would happen to have a spare please contact me you can pm me or email me through the sight.

Ted Calver
09-25-2010, 9:38 AM
Did you use a strong magnet?

Robert Culver
09-25-2010, 9:41 AM
went over the area with the strongest magnent i have nothing came up wish a had a metal detector.

Dan Carroll
09-25-2010, 1:01 PM
You just need the saw screw or do you need the medellion? I have some spares. PM me with just what you need.

Marv Werner
09-25-2010, 1:20 PM
Robert.

Those screws are made of brass, non-magnetic. Not all saw screws are brass though. Most saw makers during the WW11 had to switch to steel due to a shortage of brass.

If you do eBay, there's usually someone selling a small batch of saw screws.

However, make sure what they are selling are the same size as yours. There are several sizes that were used on saws. Sometimes that top front one will be smaller than the others. You will the screws listed in the category of tools and saws. I found one auction that was listed yesterday. I'd give you the link but I don't think we are allowed to do that in here. :cool: Lets see if it is or not...

You can be sure that when you find a replacement screw, the lost one will miraculously appear in plain sight. :o

Your lamb's tongue looks really nice. I kinda like the small curve you have. You could do it using both a carving tool and the rasp for the end grain. That way you can make it any shape you want.

Good luck,

Marv

Robert Culver
09-25-2010, 3:43 PM
Spent another 45 mins digging around in the ground cover and yellow leaves and somehow found it!!!!!! Phew thanks for the offer for a replacement.

Robert Culver
09-25-2010, 3:58 PM
Marv thanks I think this lambs tounge looks better. Its harder I think to make it look right without having it cut in the original design but im happy with how it looks. I did it with a small v-tool and a gouge under the handle to keep a good flow getting it smooth is the hard part I sanded it with 400 grit but its hard to keep its shape with paper so I will be looking for some detail files or somthing simallar for my next handdles.