PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all

Keith Christopher
12-18-2004, 1:00 PM
and esp the SMC folks (creator, moderators, admin...) I searched around for a good WW forum and I ended up here. I have not read/visited any of the others since. This is a community of knowledgable folks with skills that humble me. I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Sorry for being all sappy (pun fully intended) but I REALLY enjoy this forum and have learned and shared alot.

Keith

Steve Jenkins
12-18-2004, 1:45 PM
I know what you mean and if you can't get sappy at this time of the year then when can you.
we'll leave the spring for the trees.

Scott Parks
12-18-2004, 2:49 PM
Ditto here....

I used to wade in the pond about 3 years ago... Got busy with work, and played with motocross bikes for a few years and forgot about woodworking. Wanting to buy a new tablesaw, I went to the pond for research only to find it dried up. Started on Woodcentral, meandered to the Creek, and never went back. This is the place to be! :cool: With my job, I recently transferred and am "on-call" status, so I have many, many available hours of websurfing. So I spend A LOT of time swimming in the creek and learning things I never thought I would be capable of doing. Now, I can't wait to get home and play with my tools. Oh, and the dirtbike hasn't moved for 3 months... Might have to sell it for more tools:)

Keep up the great work, EVERYONE!!! Merry Christmas and make many happy and safe wood chips in the New Year!

Aaron Koehl
12-18-2004, 3:00 PM
A very big "you're welcome!" We try to make SawmillCreek as inviting and as pleasing as possible, but it's the company that makes it great!

Jim Becker
12-18-2004, 3:25 PM
I feel the same way about the place, Keith, and although I still visit some other places (mostly specialized product/vendor-specific forums and one other that I still happen to be a moderator) this is the first place I come in the morning and the last place I visit at night. Great community.

Michael Stafford
12-18-2004, 5:54 PM
Saw Mill Creek has been a great learning experience for me. I have enjoyed the humor, the posts and the sharing of knowledge. Thanks to all that have made it possible and enjoyable! Merry Christmas!

Mark Singer
12-18-2004, 6:52 PM
Welcome we all love it here...nice guys and very willing to help...its amazing to me! Merry Christmas Keith to you and your family!

David Klug
12-18-2004, 7:59 PM
I'm with the rest of you guys and gals. Being a rookie I have learned a lot from you all. A Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous New Year to all.

DK

Fred Dorn
12-19-2004, 12:02 AM
Even though I've just been lurking, I have learned more than I knew about wood working:D Thanx...

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-19-2004, 12:08 AM
I've met some great people here, through the web.

May you all have a safe and enjoyable holiday season.

If you have a loved one overseas in the service, I hope that they return safely to you.

Bruce

John Miliunas
12-19-2004, 12:08 AM
Not to devalue the original post, I must intervene and give an SMC "WELCOME" to Fred! :) My "typical" message would simply pretty much say what the rest of the guys here have already said! That and, don't forget to post pics! :D

And Keith, you said it short and sweet! SMC is the greatest and I too feel honored to be amongst not only some of the most talented woodworkers around, but among friends! Thanks to all! :) :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
12-19-2004, 9:49 AM
I found SMC almost a year ago! I've abandoned other sites because of the civil exchange of ideas here between people from all skill levels from beginners to pros.......Neat! I've gained a lot of information and learned a lot!

A special Thanks to Jackie, Keith, Aaron and all the moderators who do so much that is often unrecognized!

Happy Holidays!

Tyler Howell
12-19-2004, 10:03 AM
The local economy should be very thankful. Because of you folks, I've been really stimulating it:p . Some really nice and fun toyls have been showing up around here.
Not to mention the great Creeker visits and unselfish sharing of information.
It's been a pleasure.:cool:
Thanks.

Jim Dunn
12-19-2004, 10:07 AM
Just the learing alone is like a growth spurt in wood working. Have gained considerable knowledge just by drooling over everone else's work and shop's.

Hope I can put all this to good use.

Kelly C. Hanna
12-19-2004, 11:15 AM
I agree about the great people here in this forum. I have learned a lot since joining and hope to learn much more. Merry Christmas to everyone!!! I hope all of us get more quality shop time in '05!!!

Don Selke
12-19-2004, 2:06 PM
I found the Creek about a year ago and have enjoyed it very much. The woodworkers here at the Creek are always ready to lend a helping hand to fellow woodworkers that need it. I usually check all the posts prior to starting work in the shop as the Creek is a great motivator. I retired from the fire service ten years ago and really miss the camaraderie that I had with fellow firefighters. I have found that camaraderie here at the creek with fellow woodworkers.
I am sure that I am on the hit list for the picture police as I have not posted any pictures since joining. If I get that digital camera for Christmas, I promise to post some shots of my work. Although I have never met many of the regulars here at the Creek, I feel like I have known them for a long time. Merry Christmas and thanks to all who have made me feel welcome and one of the crew here at the Creek.
By the way, I am still better looking then Terry Hatfield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken Salisbury
12-20-2004, 3:32 AM
By the way, I am still better looking then Terry Hatfield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not saying much - - - - -everyone (well almost everyone) is better looking than "T" :) :D :)