PDA

View Full Version : Lenox Diemaster2 Blade

Mike Gottlieb
09-24-2010, 8:12 PM
I want to try one of these 1/2" blades as a general purpose bandsaw blade, but would like a recommendation as to configuration (No. of teeth, Kerf, Hook, etc.). This will go on a 20" bandsaw. Thanks, Mike

Alan Schwabacher
09-24-2010, 9:15 PM
I would probably get the 1/2" 3 TPI hook tooth blade. It's good for resawing, straight cuts, and you can cut gentle curves with it. The thicker (0.032") band than usual takes more force to tension properly than many 1/2" blades, but your saw should be able to tension it. If you want it for smaller curves, the 1/4" 6 TPI diemaster is pretty generally useful. That's the blade on my 14" saw right now, but I use 0.025" or thinner 1/2" blades.

www.woodcraftbands.com (http://www.woodcraftbands.com) is a good source.

Van Huskey
09-24-2010, 9:51 PM
For "general" work I would get a 4 TPI hook on a .025" band. BUT we really need to know what "general" means to you and what thickness wood it would be cutting.

PS I have had good luck with spectrumsupply.com

Ted Wong
09-25-2010, 1:39 PM
The Diemaster is a bi-metal blade and will last a real long time. I think it is the best value for the money compared to cheaper carbon flex back type blades and the ultra pricey carbide tipped blades. If you're a hobbyist and only saw the occasional piece of dense tropical hardwood you should probably be able to get the blade to last the better part of a year.