PDA

View Full Version : another ambrosia HF

David Christopher
09-24-2010, 8:08 PM
, I was polishing the ambrosia HF that I made a few days ago and droped it,,it cracked in three places so I made another..this time with a finial

ambrosia maple with walnut collar and finial

James Combs
09-24-2010, 8:11 PM
Really nice David. That sure is some great finish on it.

John Keeton
09-24-2010, 8:24 PM
David, I went back and looked at the previous one, and I really like this one much better. I think the top of the shoulder on this one has a little more upward motion, and I like the collar and finial arrangement.

I know you had to have been sick when the other one broke, but you certainly replaced it with an improved version IMO!! Very nice work.

David E Keller
09-24-2010, 8:25 PM
That's beautiful. Really nice looking wood, and great form/finish.

Roger Chandler
09-24-2010, 9:02 PM
David,

This is just exquisite! I like this one better than your first one. A super nice piece of Ambrosia maple, and the finish is spectacular! The finial and collar on this one couldn't be much better, and the proportions in comparison to the main body is very balanced.

If you keep doing this, we are going to have to put you in the same class as DeCristoforo and Keeton, which is where there is breathed the rarefied air of the "artist class." :D;):)

Lovely work!

Michael James
09-24-2010, 9:12 PM
dang it man....... that's beautiful. Sorry about the other one, but I guess that's what needed to happen to get this one out! Love everything about this one including that glassy finish. Good job, thanks for posting
mj

Curt Fuller
09-24-2010, 10:30 PM
My goodness, that's pretty! I really like the color combination in the two woods too.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Very nice David!

Steve Schlumpf
09-24-2010, 11:25 PM
David - sorry to hear of the mishap! Very nice HF! Pretty wood and you sure have your finishing down! Nice work! Thanks for sharing!

Mark Hubl
09-25-2010, 12:05 AM
I like this piece alot. I am a fan ambrosia and this piece looks good with the finial. The finish looks good too. Not always a fan of shiny, but on ambrosia and spalted stuff I think it really works. Nice.

Leo Van Der Loo
09-25-2010, 1:40 AM
As you see with practice you do get better :rolleyes:, running and ducking :eek: :D

William Hutchinson
09-25-2010, 3:30 AM
There is a silver lining to your ruined HF. This one looks even better and your becoming wiser in finishing techniques.

Baxter Smith
09-25-2010, 8:25 AM
Sorry about the first one. I would have felt sick but I will agree with the others about this being even better!:)

bob svoboda
09-25-2010, 9:20 AM
Another real beauty, David!

gary Zimmel
09-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Very pretty piece of ambrosia maple. Nicely done David.
Sorry to hear about the mishap on the first one.

Cathy Schaewe
09-25-2010, 1:06 PM
Gorgeous!

I wonder if Steve S. could wangle a bulk deal on those black artists berets, and we could occasionally do a "beret award." :D :D ;)

You'd get one for this one, for sure!