PDA

View Full Version : Forrest blade Update

Jerry Olexa
12-18-2004, 12:55 PM
Forrest blade Update FYI. A few months ago, you'll remember a thread started by John Miliunas expressing concern over his Forrest WWll blade. The thread generated much interest and many postings . Posters talked about safety, performance, customer service etc. I too contributed as I had been disapointed by Forrest cs 's handling of my issue but had decided to accept it as one of life's "bumps in the road". Then, Dave Morgan of 3D blades wrote and asked me to call him. Some time elapsed but I called Dave's office last week. Almost immediately, the issue was resolved (less than 24 hours) and yesterday, a package arrived to resolve/correct the matter.Special thanks for the prompt and gracious handling by Dave Morgan of 3D and his office and as well as John Miliunas advice throughout. So, all ends well. My faith in humankind is renewed. It must be Christmas. Thanks to everyone involved. Another example of the team feeling and willingness to help here @ SMC!

Steve Clardy
12-18-2004, 1:41 PM
Hey thats great you got it resolved!!

Ken Salisbury
12-18-2004, 2:53 PM
Then, Dave Morgan of 3D blades wrote and asked me to call him. Some time elapsed but I called Dave's office last week. Almost immediately, the issue was resolved (less than 24 hours) and yesterday, a package arrived to resolve/correct the matter.Special thanks for the prompt and gracious handling by Dave Morgan of 3D and his office and as well as John Miliunas advice throughout.

I have known Dave Morgan for 10 years (or more) and this story does not surprise me one bit. Dave is a great guy and will go way, way out of his way to satisfy a customer.

Glad the problem is resolved.

John Miliunas
12-18-2004, 3:42 PM
Ahhhhh...Jerry, Jerry, Jerry....Never leave to tomorrow, what can be left for the day after, right? :D I'm really glad you got the issue resolved! Dave offered me his help, as well, even though I had already initiated contact directly with Forrest. Either way, Forrest stood behind their product and we can now all have a merry, merry Christmas! :) Like Ken said, I'm not surprised! :) :cool:

scott spencer
12-18-2004, 7:54 PM
Gotta love a happy ending....thanks for the update!

thomas prevost
12-18-2004, 10:12 PM
One of the great things about belonging to SMC, When ya gota problem, someone on the forum knows who the right contact is. Also there is a lot of buying power here. Because of this, vendors such as Dan monitor the forum to pick up problems, new ideas, or FAQs. We see a lot of new ideas discussed here in new products.

Isn't it great to be part of the SMC family!:) :)

Greg Narozniak
12-18-2004, 11:25 PM
Dave is the ONLY reason I still buy Forrest blades. Top Guy to deal with.

Alan Turner
12-19-2004, 5:16 AM
I have a similar story on a WWII. Bought it about 4-5 years ago since it was supposed to be the best. Nevefr was right, and I used Freud blades. Wll, everyone kept raving, so I did a google, and called 3D, not at that time knowing that it was not a direct Forrestt site, and DAve changed out my old but unused WWII for a new one, and it is now all that I use. Sort of an amazingly late but successful warranty claim.
Alan

Jim Dunn
12-19-2004, 9:57 AM
I had an issue, not a factory problem, with a set of Avenger dado blades. Found that they weren't quite what I expected in a rabbit cut, called the factory to inquire why the middle was higher than the 2 outside blades. Long story short because I had an older set and one chipper was missing a tooth they said no problem "we'll send you a new one". Now I expected one new chipper, not so, recieved a COMPLETE set. That's customer service!

I'm a more than satisfied Avenger customer.

Course all I make is kindling :')

Terry Hatfield
12-19-2004, 10:08 AM
Jerry,

Glad it worked out for you. I've dealt with Dave quite a bit. He has always been super. 3D sawblades treats their customers like a company should. They have my business for life.

t

John Shuk
12-19-2004, 7:17 PM
Jerry,

Glad it worked out for you. I've dealt with Dave quite a bit. He has always been super. 3D sawblades treats their customers like a company should. They have my business for life.

t
That is why I went to 3D for my New Forrest Woodworker 2 today at the show. didn't see Dave just Dale.