PDA

View Full Version : Best QUICK source of Rowmark?

John Noell
09-24-2010, 1:21 AM
My Australian suppier of Rowmark (Project Engraving) has dropped the ball completely and repeatedly :mad::mad::mad: and I am WAY overdue to complete an order using Rowmark Lasermax B/W in 1/16 (LM922-402) with adhesive. My usual USA supplier is out. I need someone who will ship FedEx or DHL to Fiji the fast way and hopefully one whose shipping rates are not the highest. I just need one sheet (preferably cut to 12x18 pieces but 12x24 will work.) The client is insisting on the pre-applied 3M adhesive. (I have lots without it.) Any suggestions on who is fastest in shipping?
UPDATE: They actually called, apologized, and say they will try to send it by some type of courier. Maybe 4th try is the charm?

Mike Null
09-24-2010, 5:27 AM
John

Could you use Gravoply as an alternative. Maybe they have distributors closer than the USA.

http://www.gravograph.com/usa/Signage/sign_making_supplies.php

Mark Winlund
09-24-2010, 9:53 AM
3M sells the adhesive in sheets..... put it on yourself. Not hard at all.

Mark

Tony Lenkic
09-24-2010, 12:27 PM
I second Marks solution, apply adhesive your self.

John Noell
09-24-2010, 2:59 PM
I will try to find out which is quickest, getting adhesive or the Rowmark to Fiji. Time is of the essence - given that the shipping delays/bungles so far have cost me almost four full weeks. No wonder the client is fretting!

Chuck Patterson
09-27-2010, 1:57 PM
What is the Adhesive # to use when ordering from 3M?

Joe Pelonio
09-27-2010, 2:28 PM
My local supplier sends it to me with 3M 467MP on it, that may not be what yours uses, though. I keep a roll of 6" on hand for such purposes as this, and other uses.

Robert Walters
09-27-2010, 2:56 PM
I don't know if this is the same thing or not, but what about hitting a local hardware store and finding some "carpet tape". It's double sided and has a backer sheet, usually comes in a 2" wide roll. Make up a sample and see if it's acceptable to the client.

John Noell
09-27-2010, 3:32 PM
I don't know if this is the same thing or not, but what about hitting a local hardware store and finding some "carpet tape". It's double sided and has a backer sheet, usually comes in a 2" wide roll. Make up a sample and see if it's acceptable to the client.The local "hardware stores" here are quite small and have nothing like carpet tape. That's the price of living on a small tropical island (about halfway between the Cousteau Resort and Tony Robbin's Namale Resort). :) The good news is that Project Engraving has gone to great lengths to get the right plastic to me. It is now in Fiji and hopefully wil clear Customs today. The only bad part is having to pay duty +VAT on the plastic AND the shipping cost (which is more than the plastic when it shipped via courier service). In the end, the LaserMax probably will be in hand before the 3M 467MP gets here.

Robert Walters
09-27-2010, 7:23 PM
Well, grab some sugar cane and cook it down till it's nice and sticky, slap some on the back on the badge. Toss a palm fran as a backer and tell em that's what he gets! :D

John Noell
09-28-2010, 12:18 AM
Well, grab some sugar cane and cook it down till it's nice and sticky, slap some on the back on the badge. Toss a palm fran as a backer and tell em that's what he gets! :D Uhhh, given how BIG this guy is, I think I'll let YOU tell 'em that's it!! :D:D:D