PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Leo

Roger Chandler
09-23-2010, 6:12 PM
I just wanted to acknowledge how helpful Leo Van Der Loo is to all of us here on the "creek."

His knowledge of wood species, and identifying characteristics like leaves and other things such as bark, etc, always seem to keep us novices pointed back in the right direction when we stray.

He sets an example in excellence with his work, inspires others, and always seems to lend a hand with difficult issues such as a way to mount a particular piece, or some way to finish off the bottom of a piece.

I just wanted to publicly say "thank you" to Leo. Thanks Leo! :)

Ken Fitzgerald
09-23-2010, 6:21 PM
Leo is a great contributor to the Turner's Forum here! I learn a lot from him and he's always a gentleman and affable.

John Keeton
09-23-2010, 6:22 PM
And, he is a bowl making machine!!!!!:D

David Christopher
09-23-2010, 6:35 PM
Leo is top notch

Michael James
09-23-2010, 6:37 PM
Double ditto on all that... too bad he lives so far or Id be hangning out at his shop all time. Thanks Leo!:D

David E Keller
09-23-2010, 8:27 PM
I agree with you all. When there's a 'what kind of wood is this' post, I always go straight to Leo's response.

Paul Douglass
09-23-2010, 8:38 PM
Yep seems like a good person with lots of talent and knowledge. Like a lot of people on this forum.

Joe Shinall
09-23-2010, 9:10 PM
I love our Leo! I love his signature picture at the bottom of his comments as well.

Leo Van Der Loo
09-23-2010, 9:25 PM
OH come on guys :rolleyes:, I'm just enjoying this forum, and like to add a little while I still can :o.
Thank you all, I'm all flustered now :o, I better go and do some turning, that should get me down on my feet again :) ;)

Allen Neighbors
09-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Ditto to it all, Leo. You are a gentleman and a scholar! Thanks for being so kind to all of us... :)

Michael James
09-23-2010, 11:36 PM
OH come on guys :rolleyes:, I'm just enjoying this forum, and like to add a little while I still can :o.

Leo if I may summarize what we all are saying, it's that we recognize your expertise, your obvious love of turning, and willingness to share with us behind you on this trail. That demonstrates responsiblity to your art/craft and to the community. In other cultures we would say you have elder status. You earned it by being loyal to it all these yrs. Thank you for not being selfish with your skills and knowledge.

Bernie Weishapl
09-23-2010, 11:50 PM
Awww Shucks Leo are you blushing????:rolleyes::cool: Ditto what others have said Leo. You are top notch in my book.

Steve Schlumpf
09-24-2010, 12:25 AM
Leo - you definitely have a large fan club here! Thanks for all you do!

William Hutchinson
09-24-2010, 6:19 AM
Leo has proved that the bowl form can have limitless variation.

Baxter Smith
09-24-2010, 7:57 AM
As a beginning bowl turner last winter, Leo's knowledge, advice, and willingness to share, was invaluable to me and greatly appreciated!

Rob Cunningham
09-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Thanks Leo, I always find your posts useful and your work is outstanding.

Leo Van Der Loo
09-25-2010, 2:08 AM
What can I say, but Thank you all, I do appreciate the thanks for whatever I am able to do, to make this world a very little bit of a better place for all of us :D :D
I do remember the difficulty of trying to learn to turn wood without any tutor, tools or even any knowledge of how to, and I find it rewarding to be able to help others if I can, and I get to learn new things here as well :),
so like I always say, Have fun and take care :D

David Woodruff
09-25-2010, 2:31 PM
What Roger said; Leo is Creeker of unusual intellect and we all benefit from the knowledge which he so generously shares. Thank You , Leo

Mark Hubl
09-25-2010, 4:16 PM
Have to agree, Leo's a keeper. Always helpful, and very creative. Thanks.