PDA

View Full Version : Hello! from a new (kinda) Laser Addict

Pete Bejmuk
09-22-2010, 1:24 AM
Hello fellow engravers on SawMill Creek,

I've been registered on these forums and getting some good tips over the past year. Thanks to the people who suggested using a Dremel Router table instead of a beveling machine, you guys are lifesavers!

I'm Pete Bejmuk, and started my own laser engraving business mid last year. I have a good deal of experience with lasers, having worked with a ULS rep in Denver (High Tech Images) in 2001 and with various sign/award shops since. I finally found the opportunity to pick up an old refurbished ULS PS-50 from one of my old HTI co-workers, and thought I'd use the knowledge i've gained over the years to finally make money for myself, rather than for other people! :D

I've been offering signage, nametags and award services to local and non-local businesses, but have been mainly focusing on creating tabletop-gaming accessories (niche market, that's for sure!). most of my sales have been on eBay, but I've been getting some distributors who are interested in carrying my products, so hopefully things will be ramping up soon!

Andrea Weissenseel
09-22-2010, 2:23 AM
Welcome to the Creek, Pete and good luck with for your endeavours :)

Andrea

Mike Null
09-22-2010, 7:49 AM
Pete

Glad to have you on board.

Dee Gallo
09-22-2010, 8:44 AM
Welcome, Pete, and I look forward to seeing some of your inventions!

cheers, dee

Larry Bratton
09-22-2010, 8:57 AM
Welcome Pete
If you have already been lurking for awhile, your familiar with the great membership here and the knowledge that is shared. Glad to have you.

Dan Ashlin
09-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Welcome Pete! I'm a sort-of newbie myself. As a nerd, I'm interested in what kind of tabletop gaming accessories you're making on the laser lol.

Chris DeGerolamo
09-22-2010, 11:51 AM
I bet you could make some nice bezels with colored Plexiglas. Curious, I thought most MAME / table top arcades are CNC...what all do you manufacture? Not trying to be your competition, I'm just wondering.

Pete Bejmuk
09-22-2010, 2:43 PM
not tabletop arcade games, but the tabletop "miniatures war" games. think a bunch of kids playing around a table with 200 painted toy soldiers that cost $10-$25 each. i make accessories for such games (tokens, counters, templates, terrain etc)

silvercompassdesigns.com/harmonygate.php
silvercompassdesigns.com/arctool.php

these tokens were made for a fundraiser-
silvercompassdesigns.com/products/stormwardens4.jpg
silvercompassdesigns.com/products/stormwardens2.jpg

Chris DeGerolamo
09-22-2010, 4:22 PM
I've got very little idea what I'm looking at but they look great!

Dee Gallo
09-22-2010, 5:30 PM
I'm with Chris - no idea how they are used, but they look great!

Robert Walters
09-22-2010, 5:36 PM
If I'm not mistaken, they are used in RPG's.

RPG = Role Playing Games.

Remember 'Dungeons and Dragons'?
Well think of RPG's as D&D that have evolved and branched out, theme wise.

Each player has a character, and the pieces are a "symbol" of that character.

Now, I could be totally full of it and NFC at all, but it sounded good :D

Pete Bejmuk
09-22-2010, 5:47 PM
close enough! :D

I make accessories for miniature game lines from manufactures such as Games Workshop & Privateer Press. It's a lot easier to see the pics of the game/hobby in action than to try and describe it.

Jim Coffee
09-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Go Niche Markets!!!!