PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Dr. Engrave and SFEdit2

Christopher Carpenter
09-22-2010, 12:34 AM
Dr. Engrave only wants to access a .rsf file. SFEdit2 creates a .sf2 file. Dr Engrave will not let me access a .sf2 file. It only accesses the SFEdit *.rsf files. What good does it do me to use SFEdit2 when I can't even access those files in Dr. Engrave. This is totally ridiculous. Please help!!! I would simply like to use SFEdit2 instead of SFEdit because it allows you to draw curve handles, SFEdit does not. After using SFEdit2 to draw better stroke fonts, I can't use them in Dr. Engrave because Dr. Engrave wants to access *.rsf files. I don't understand the point of this. This makes the SFEdit2 software totally useless for me. And makes Dr. Engrave a very inefficient program. I've tried the Dr. Engrave update and that doesn't help either. What do I do? I feel like I've bought a very expensive engraver and now can't use software for its use. If anyone has any advice on this subject, please inform to me what I should do. Thanks for your help! :)

Rodne Gold
09-22-2010, 1:18 AM
Dr Engrave is a free Roland package - very basic.
If you have a roland engraver - it's almost certain that you can run it directly off Corel or just use the windows driver- we do ours..
Many other packages will run em as well , directly with much more control than Dr Engrave - like engravelab , signlab etc.
Roland have a forum where you can perhaps get some more info on your issue , look at the Roland USA site.