PDA

View Full Version : Sons first project done

Fred Voorhees
12-17-2004, 7:44 PM
I posted a pic or two of some ambrosia maple that my son bought to make a jewelry box that he wanted to make for his girlfriend for Christmas. Well, with only basically guidance from the old man, he managed to turn out the project with a decent amount of success. Tools/machines used in his project were the tablesaw, router table, jointer, hand held router, random orbit sander, drill and brad nailer.

As busy as I've been around here with my own ambitions, and what with Christmas just around the corner and its own stuff that takes up time, I simply couldn't turn him down when he asked about a small woodworking project which is the first ever really for him.

Tyler Howell
12-17-2004, 7:56 PM
Chip off the Old Wood Chipper!!

Nice work, father and son.

Michael Stafford
12-17-2004, 8:25 PM
Looks like a nice box! Hope he understands the responsibility that comes with giving a woman a jewelry box!!! Sometimes they are expensive gifts down the road!!!

Jim Becker
12-17-2004, 8:25 PM
Very nice, Fred. Think about it...if he starts to do a lot of woodworking with you, you'll have to expand the shop out over the camper pad!! :D

Jim Fancher
12-17-2004, 8:39 PM
Very nice! His girlfriend is going to love it.

Wes Newman
12-17-2004, 8:57 PM
Fred, It's great to share your hobby with others. Maybe he'll catch the bug.

Fred Voorhees
12-17-2004, 9:01 PM
Very nice, Fred. Think about it...if he starts to do a lot of woodworking with you, you'll have to expand the shop out over the camper pad!! :D

Well Jim, as you may or may not know, it is "kinda" in the plans for the future to expand out that way anyhow. The expansion, however, will be to add a dedicated finishing room. As you and others can see from the pic below, it will be a nice, sizeable room - roughly twelve feet by thirty feet in depth. An added benefit will be that the camper bay will then be enclosed on three sides with just the front open - making keeping the camper clean a much simpler task. Will just need to punch a door hole in the West wall just in front of the window.