PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable Band Saw Question (What is this hole?)

Nathan Dekens
09-21-2010, 9:51 PM
Well I picked up the new porter cable 14" band saw (awsome saw out of the box!) and noticed this hole 1/2" hole in the table with what looks like to set screws on each side of it. Anyone know what this might be? A standard jig mounting hole?

Mark Godlesky
09-22-2010, 1:23 AM
Yes, it's for a circle cutting jig. See page 30 here

http://cdn0.grizzly.com/manuals/g1019_m.pdf

Jim Rimmer
09-22-2010, 1:11 PM
Well I picked up the new porter cable 14" band saw (awsome saw out of the box!) and noticed this hole 1/2" hole in the table with what looks like to set screws on each side of it. Anyone know what this might be? A standard jig mounting hole?
Stealth gloat? :D Congratulations. Nice saw

Nathan Dekens
09-22-2010, 6:04 PM
Stealth gloat? :D Congratulations. Nice saw

This saw HANDS DOWN beats the @#!*! frustrating Ridgid I was trying to get to work right!!! Took it back and headed straight across the street to get this one!

Glad I did! Zero problems putting it together and ZERO!!! I repeat Zero! vibration!

Just got done putting a 4TPI blade on it and just free hand resawed a peace of twisty grained oak branch and it came out sweet! maybe only needs a 1/16 taken off in the plainer to make it smooth!

Needless to say im one happy camper only feel like I got ripped off because I bought the 2 yr warranty through the blue box store,......... dont think im gonna need it.

Gary Hodgin
09-22-2010, 7:11 PM
Congratulations! Color makes my white, jet look a little innocent.