PDA

View Full Version : Little Gloat---Yippeee

Gary Max
12-17-2004, 7:00 PM
This is so cool that I just had to share with everyone here.
A first for me.
The mailman brought me this today.
An autographed photo of Norm Abram-and a Thank-you letter--from Delta Machinery.
They have published a project post of mine.
I had just finished one of my Fern Stands and a Coffeewood lamp and entered it on their web site.
I had also posted pics here of the same project.
So over at Deltamachinery.com---members area---stories and projects--Kentucky Coffeewood Project
That's me.
In keeping with policy here is a pic.:D

Tyler Howell
12-17-2004, 7:51 PM
My Hero!!!!!

Congrats Gary

Michael Stafford
12-17-2004, 8:29 PM
Congratulations Gary! Is that the Kentucky Coffeewood stand that you turned on your lathe when the wood looked larger than the lathe? :eek: :p :D That was extreme woodworking! ;) But the final result was very nice. Once again, congratulations and keep up the good work! :)

Gary Max
12-17-2004, 8:39 PM
Mike this is a different stand---the lamp is Kentucky Coffee Wood.
I like fern stands---I do not really sell very many of them but enjoy building them.
I think I sold two last year.
I did call the man up who bought the stand and told him about his purchase being on Delta's site. He got a BIG kick out of that.

Gary Max
12-17-2004, 9:01 PM
Found a good pic:D

Bart Leetch
12-17-2004, 9:54 PM
This is so cool that I just had to share with everyone here.
A first for me.
The mailman brought me this today.
An autographed photo of Norm Abram-and a Thank-you letter--from Delta Machinery.
They have published a project post of mine.
I had just finished one of my Fern Stands and a Coffeewood lamp and entered it on their web site.
I had also posted pics here of the same project.
So over at Deltamachinery.com---members area---stories and projects--Kentucky Coffeewood Project
That's me.
I keeping with policy here is a pic.:D

Pretty cool I got Norm's picture from Delta the day before yesterday for posting a pic of my 1930'S Double Duty lathe. :) :)

Gary Max
12-18-2004, 6:38 AM
Bart I will have to go check that out. I like old tools.

Bart I went and checked out your lathe---that is very cool. Kinda neat that we both ended up on their site.

Jim Ketron
12-18-2004, 7:32 AM
Congrats Gary!
Jim

Anthony Penchetta
01-05-2005, 2:35 PM
Congrats Gary ! I hear you may have a signed calander by Penchetta as well to put next to Norm. :D

Love the Fern stand, some of the best cedar I have seen, I bet that cedar would make some real nice pens, :) Anthony

Keel McDonald
01-07-2005, 10:35 AM
You lucky dog! Congrats!

Alan Tolchinsky
01-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Now you have to make copies of Norm and share, right?

Kurt Aebi
01-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Awesome, Now You Are Famous!

Alan, if you go the New Yankee Workshop web site, you can get a PDF of his picture and signature. I am afraid this will be the closest I'll get to an actual autograph! :(