PDA

View Full Version : Photo Carve

Clarence Miller
09-21-2010, 8:04 PM
I have been thinking about purchasing Photocarve for my CNC router. I currently have DeskCNC which does good for the DXF parts that I machine out and cutting out lettering for signs. I am no near so impressed with the way that it converts photos to code. When I did my wedding photo it made my beard give me the appearance of a zombie with his jaw shot off. The tux made the whole carving rather creepy. In playing around with the Photocarve allowing me to make certain colors transparent b perhaps beards will look fuzzy and not macabre. Also I just purchased the ingroove tooling from Amana so I can change inserts without having to take the bit out of the collete.
Am I barking up the wrong tree with photo carve or is it as good as the website says. I was looking into buying a laser and using that for my photoengraving but I have the router. I am not scrapping the laser idea but I think I will only be happy with an epilog and not the chinese version that I can conceivably afford at this time.
Thanks for letting me ramble and please give me your nickels worth of free advice.

Belinda Barfield
09-22-2010, 6:46 AM
Clarence,

You might get more responses to this if you post it over on the CNC forum. There are a lot of our CNC users who have Photocarve.

Clarence Miller
09-22-2010, 7:24 AM
Thank-you Belinda.