"Run away, run away."

Oh well.

Brian

Josiah Bartlett
09-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Do you care to share the details?

Jim Rimmer
09-21-2010, 1:14 PM
I think I know what you're getting at and that is one of the truisms of woodworking:

"Stainable woodfiller isn't." :rolleyes:

Callan Campbell
09-21-2010, 1:29 PM
I get decent results with it if I pack the same wood dust from the actual species/type that I'm working with, into the filler while it's still fresh/wet. Timbermate has its own unique smell too, you either live with it or hate it:rolleyes:. But, I get fast clean results every time, esp using a piece of shop plywood as my putty knife. The "wood knife" scraper doesn't pull the putty out of the hole like a regular putty knife or scraper does. So, it's "stainish-able" with wood dust pressed into the filler putty.. Hope this helps you out.;););)

Van Huskey
09-21-2010, 1:50 PM
I have the best luck coloring the putty with Mixol etc before use. Mix up a little batch to match and you are good to go.

John Gregory
09-21-2010, 3:40 PM
WE just started using timbermate and we are very impressed and pleased with it.

I get decent results with it if I pack the same wood dust from the actual species/type that I'm working with, into the filler while it's still fresh/wet. Timbermate has its own unique smell too, you either live with it or hate it:rolleyes:. But, I get fast clean results every time, esp using a piece of shop plywood as my putty knife. The "wood knife" scraper doesn't pull the putty out of the hole like a regular putty knife or scraper does. So, it's "stainish-able" with wood dust pressed into the filler putty.. Hope this helps you out.;););)

Neal Clayton
09-21-2010, 8:26 PM
i use timbermate as well. i find that using shellac for color it hides very well. not perfect without pre-coloring it, but close.