PDA

View Full Version : Business Card Ideas!

Alick Ford
09-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Thought I'd get a little engravers business card post going as I'm searching for ideas!
Any different/eye catching cards out there?

Mike Chance in Iowa
09-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Alick,

If you perform a search in this forum, you will find gobs of examples and files of creative business cards people have made and shared and provided input on various types of materials to engrave the business cards on.

Dee Gallo
09-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Actually, I'd love to see everybody's business cards - but would it be a violation to show them here? Maybe if we blurred out the pertinent info?

:) dee

Mike Null
09-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Dee

I'm not aware of a violation but you may not want to list the phone numbers.

Dan Hintz
09-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Google Images for "business card" turns up a whole slew of cool ideas. I run that search every few months to see what turns up.

David Fairfield
09-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Business cards are always a fun topic! They seem an ideal canvas for laser engraving and cutting. Its a creativity test, how much can you do in a small space. Google always turns up good stuff.

AL Ursich
09-21-2010, 11:25 AM
I have sold some to a local home builder laser engraved on thin wood from cards of wood.

AL

Keith Outten
09-21-2010, 9:45 PM
You might try engraving and cutting either the small 6" carpenters square or a small 45 degree triangle rather than a conventional business card. These are useful on most peoples desks and won't get lost in a stack of other cards. The carpenters square file can be found in the Engravers Forum with the search feature.

Joe De Medeiros
09-21-2010, 9:57 PM
thingiverse has a really cool Spirograph card with rulers on it, all the files are there for download

http://thingiverse_beta.s3.amazonaws.com/renders/ce/dc/78/fa/9c/3565613496_054ff3eaae_o_display_medium.jpg

Robert Walters
09-22-2010, 3:45 AM
thingiverse has a really cool Spirograph card

Joe,

THAT IS AWESOME!

Already grabbed the files and will give it a shot once I'm fully setup!

adafruit.com
thingiverse.com/thing:641

Now, how many of us are not going to get anything done since we'll be playing with it? LOL

Andrea Weissenseel
09-22-2010, 5:12 AM
Joe, this is a wonderful find :D I would make less gears though, to get more information on it.

Sometimes you have to be triggered to come up with some cool ideas. Like intregrate a little compass instead of a spiro, you can state "your on the right way if you heading to .." It's those little thingies that keeps you in their mind. I've seen a red chili engraved with "hot ideas from .." I love those gimmicks

Cheers, Andrea