PDA

View Full Version : I Am A Real Genius!!

Dale Thompson
12-17-2004, 2:14 PM
A few months ago, I posted a picture of a rocking horse that I had made for my new grandson. Several of you posted similar pictures and most were far better than mine. :o Be that as it may, the problem arose in terms of adding foot support to the horse (stirrups for all of you equestrians). The concern was for "plumbing" protection. Anyway, after losing countless nights sleep and days of agonizing contemplation, my genius has emerged after only a few measley months. ;) That is the reason for the "Genius" comment.

The bottom line is: He is fifteen months old and wears thick diapers. I am 63 years old and wear even THICKER diapers. We have a secret agreement that neither of us has a problem riding a horse "bareback"! :) :cool:

Whatever, the pics attached show my solution to the concern expressed by all but "Badgerman" and me.

So much for an old codger who has nothing better to do than to change my diapers every couple of hours or so. Anyway, I've got to get going on charging the batteries for the rugrats new "Hummer". His sister is only a couple of weeks old. She better be two years old by Christmas or he can't legally take her for a ride. :( :cool: :)

Dale T.

Carl Eyman
12-17-2004, 2:37 PM
But just for kicks you just proved it again.

Michael Perata
12-17-2004, 2:37 PM
Dale

When you make a statement like "I am a real genius", no one cares (DAMHIKT)!

But if you ask the question, "Am I a real genius?" then we all have a shot at getting the answer right.

So let's assume you mis-typed and you really wanted to know if you are a genius. Well, by looking at the pictures of the rocking horse you made for your new grandson, I would say:

Yes, you are a genius, at least when it comes to making rocking horses for new grandkids.

Nice work, BTW!!

Frank Pellow
12-17-2004, 2:40 PM
Thats a great solution to the foot rest problem Dale. I am not sure that it makes you a genius, but it certainly makes you at least very clever. It is better than the solution that I used (and posted here a few months ago) for a similar rocking horse that I built a few years ago.

Howard Rosenberg
12-17-2004, 3:18 PM
agree.
Very clever.
Sure guarantees loys of longevity for different riders.
Howard

Matthew Dworman
12-17-2004, 4:33 PM
Very nice Dale - your grandkids will certainly love it!

So how did you come up with the idea for the threaded rod? What did you use to make it (electric power or hand power?)

Donnie Raines
12-17-2004, 4:42 PM
I figured I would warn you.....

...your genius is showing....

..for those that watch Spongebob Square pants with your kids/grand kids(or for that matter...without any kids)...I suspect that you will get it... :cool: :rolleyes:

Great fix for the plumbing problem!

Rich Konopka
12-17-2004, 5:35 PM
It is not nice to Brag ;) but it is okay to Gloat :confused:

That is so Cool and very clever !!

Good Job !

Dale Thompson
12-17-2004, 7:16 PM
Hey folks,
The "genius" comment was a JOKE!! OK - So I'll open myself up to some very accurate and truthfull answers. :eek: :eek: AM I A GENIUS - OR WHAT???

How many of you REAL woodworkers would worry about this at all? How many of you would spend MONTHS figuring out that you can turn a 1 3/4" spindle, reduce it to 1" in the right places and get one of those hand threaders (tap and die) to finish the job? How many of you can can estimate your IQ on ONE hand - with a closed fist? :o I spent three days last week just trying to find my SHOP. I have a sign at the bottom of my stairs which says, "Rec room right - shop left". I assumed that the shop had left so I went back upstairs and took another nap.

Hint: If you use the tapped/locknut concept for anything, don't tap the nut in the direction parallel to the grain. I thought that I was cool doing most of it on the lathe. BAD move! :o Drill and tap the hole cross-grain and then cut out the hex portion. Guess how I know that!! YEP! I'm a genius!! ;) :confused:

Never EVER take my GENIUS comments seriously - you should know better than that. :) :D

Dale T.