PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
09-20-2010, 9:23 AM
20 Sep 2010

Good Morning Everyone,
The family and I have been taking some necessary time to enjoy family and the weather. We've been taking some time to ride motorcycle as a family and enjoy the cooler temps. We've been so stretched over medical issues with my FIL, my dad, and my mom that it's been really hard on us as a family. I made the decision that we needed to take some time to get away and ride and enjoy the scenery for a bit just to unwind. It's been good.

The only woodworking I've been doing is repairing my Great Grandmother's old rocking chair and the LOML and I are now re-upholstering it. We are really enjoying doing something that both of us know something about...me and woodworking for chair frame repair and the LOML and all her sewing skills. It's been great and I am so thankful for a project like this that we can do together.

Well, the LOML Jr finally has her first boyfriend and he meets with my approval. He's a wonderful young man who has his head screwed on straight and heading in the right direction. Amanda is the happiest that she's been in 4 years and I'm very happy for her.

Well, that's it for me...so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jerome Hanby
09-20-2010, 9:42 AM
I butchered some cabinetry because whomever installed the counter top was an idiot and ate into the opening for the refrigerator. Discovered that said cabinetry was not installed square and the fridge is still binding at the top left side of the cutout. Found out that Japanese saws are very sharp. And finally, after the move I discovered that I have no clue where the Neosporin is:D.

Next weekend looks like adventures in cabinetry modification...

Things I planned to do this weekend and never got close to:

Get the Tivo to work on component inputs so the PS3 can have the HDMI port
Get the media servers back online so I don't have to watch to watch cable.
Get the voip back online so the house phones will work.
Reassemble my daughters massive bed so she she can get her mattress off the floor
Reassemble our bed so we can get our bed springs and mattress off the floor
Hang peg board in the garage
Wire a sub panel in the garage
Store enough stuff properly in my garage so that I can at least see my table saw.
Remount the microwave so that it's actually level
Store old dishwasher and microwave in the "crawl space"

I think I need about a month of weekends:D.

Matt Meiser
09-20-2010, 9:55 AM
Friday evening I finished up all the landscaping work related to and/or stemming from running the natural gas line and conduit to my shop. All that's left is regular watering to ensure the new grass gets a foothold before winter so we don't have mud all winter.

Saturday we stopped at the local nursery to take advantage of their fall 50% off sale, then spent the day with had family and long, long time family friends (first generation became friends before the second generation (which I'm part of) was born, now there are 7 in the third generation.)

Sunday after breakfast with everyone who stayed the night, I sanded and applied the first finish step to all the trim for my parents' kitchen. I fully intend to get it done before a year is up! Then we started working on some landscaping in front of the house since we need to plant all the stuff we bought on Saturday this week. Our house will be 20 years old next year and most of the stuff that was here when we moved in has gotten too big/overgrown.

Shawn Pixley
09-20-2010, 10:10 AM
I just returned from a two week business trip. So primary was recovering from jet lag. My son also returned from three weeks of painting my father's house. It was great to see him! I built a tray (sushi or serving) with David Blackburn on Saturday. And then built 20 feet of rock and equipment storage shelving for LOML's club shop. There was supposed to be lots of help but only a few showed up. All in all great weekend!

Jeremy Greiner
09-20-2010, 10:41 AM
I was sanding my office cabinet when I learned that those little orange foam ear inserts just aren't enough when inside the cabinet sanding and the echo makes it so loud. Now the project is waiting in the garage for my earmuff style protection to arrive.

I'm sad I didn't get to finish the project this weekend as planned, but I'm happy I can still hear.

-jeremy

Chris True
09-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Shot some finish on my coffe table project

David Helm
09-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Got my dust collection up and running finally. Didn't want to take the Jet 2HP apart so I built a stand to hold it and another stand to hold the cyclone. Test ran it with a number of cuts on the table saw. Works beautifully. I also made a mobile base for my 18/36 sander. Busy weekend, also spent a good deal of time with my wife.
DC and cyclone on stands
30 gauge snap lock runs
More of the same
18/36 on mobile base

Joe Mioux
09-20-2010, 2:44 PM
took off Friday evening and went down to a little town in Southwest Mo, (Exeter MO) and returned with a new puppy on Saturday. that's a long drive for a dog, but it was definitely worth it.

Kevin Womer
09-20-2010, 4:12 PM
Went to my son's baseball game on Friday, thought about mowing the lawn on Saturday, then went to the shop instead...made 40 crosses to donate to the church out of cherry with bridle loints and beveled edges. Couldn't stand it any longer on Sunday and had to mow the lawn.

Joe Shinall
09-20-2010, 6:01 PM
No woodworking for me. My best friend from high school that passed in a car wreck our senior year had an autistic brother that just passed Wednesday morning so I was a paul bearer at his funeral Saturday. Then I somehow caught the flu late Saturday night and was in bed all day yesterday and today.