PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's

Shawn Christ
09-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Worked hard and played hard this weekend... regrouted and recaulked the tile in our shower AND replaced the shower doors, all of which was way overdue. Used a grout removal bit in my Ryobi 18v rotary tool to remove the old grout. First time doing that job; had a couple slips which caused a few nicks here and there, but otherwise it worked very well.

Then the family and I enjoyed a little apple pie and played for hours on our new toy - the PS Move!

What did the rest of you accomplish this weekend that didn't include making sawdust?

Dan Hintz
09-20-2010, 9:14 AM
I helped lug in a new Camaster Stinger CNC router into my workshop :D

And I did some minor cleanup of the drywall and lumber I tore down recently... mostly I just put it into a neat stack.

Jacob Mac
09-20-2010, 10:05 AM
I did a lot of car maintenance, mowed a couple of acres, and worked on taxes for my business. Fun stuff :rolleyes:

I dropped the #5 I used for my shooting board and it cracked. That was sad/discouraging because it is holding me up from finishing my project and I ruined one of my favorite planes. But I bought two hand planes and a combination square online. So the story has a happy ending. It was a moment of weakness, but I am looking forward to the new planes and finishing my project.

I also watched my Packers roll and began planning my next project. I am in the planning stages of a G&G inspired chest of drawers. I hope to complete my plan soon and begin my project in October.

Belinda Barfield
09-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Watched college football most of Saturday. Yesterday did the grocery shopping, laundry, etc., lounged by the pool for about a hour, then cooked dinner. Oh, the excitement!