PDA

View Full Version : questions on small engines

Stephen Sebed
04-07-2003, 12:20 AM
I'm not sure if it is OK to post this question here but I don't think it will hurt.

Does anyone know of a good book on small engine repair and maintenance? I have several small engine tool (lawn mower, weed wacker, chainsaw) and I would like to be able to do most of the repair work myself, but unfortunately I only know basic maintenance as it is described in the owner's manual of the tools.

Thanks

Phil Phelps
04-07-2003, 8:41 AM
...but I do know the fuel lines, on these small gas engines, don't last very long. You'll need to replace them, often. The easiest maintenance is to clean, or replace, the spark plug; keep the air filters clean; and don't let gasoline set over a month. If you learn to rebuild small carburators, you'll probably be able to keep a machine indefinitely. I would check my local library. Good luck

Keith Outten
04-07-2003, 10:27 AM
Stephen (No Last Name)

Check your local book store, you should find a large selection of books on small engine repair. Cruise the pages of several books, it should be obvious which books will suit you needs. Try to get at least one book that covers the basics and one that provides the details and specifications. Many of the manufacturers have repair manuals and info books that used to be avaialble for free by contacting them.