PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend a good saw sharpener

Bob Jones
09-19-2010, 12:10 AM
I just bought and old backsaw and I am looking at a couple of panel saws. Can anyone recommend a good sharpener service? I want to have them done by a pro before I try my hand at it. Thanks!

Gary Daniel
09-19-2010, 6:25 AM
I've used Mark Harrell at Bad Ax Tool Works and had good results.

http://www.badaxetoolworks.com/

Heather Thompson
09-19-2010, 7:25 AM
+1 for Bad Ax Tool Works.

Heather

Chris Vandiver
09-19-2010, 12:12 PM
Here's a vote for Marv Werner(member of this forum). Marv does really excellent saw sharpening!

Marv Werner
09-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Bob,

What part of the country do you reside? I'm on the west coast in California. Mark Harrell of Bad Axe Tool Works is in Wisconsin. If cost is a factor, consider your shipping cost two ways. I know Mark and highly recommend him. Shipping cost sometimes is more than the cost of filing your saws.

And a big thank you to Chris Vandiver for recommending me. :)

Christian Castillo
09-19-2010, 4:25 PM
I will suggest Daryl Weir, he recently made a website were you can buy restored saws or contact him for sharpening duty, pm me for his website, with that said, Marv, I'm in Northern California and maybe if your close enough and I need a saw sharpened, I can avoid shipping altogether, where in Northern California are you located? Thanks for your time.

Joe McMahon
09-19-2010, 6:44 PM
I will suggest Daryl Weir, he recently made a website were you can buy restored saws or contact him for sharpening duty, pm me for his website, with that said, Marv, I'm in Northern California and maybe if your close enough and I need a saw sharpened, I can avoid shipping altogether, where in Northern California are you located? Thanks for your time.

#2 for Daryl. He has sharpened four of my saws and they all cut like "buttah"!

Marv Werner
09-19-2010, 8:20 PM
Christian,

I sent you an email couple hours ago.

Marv

David Christopher
09-19-2010, 9:02 PM
Bob, southern saw and cutter does a great job, and their in new orleans

Bob Jones
09-19-2010, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I have some good leads now.

Jim Rimmer
09-20-2010, 1:57 PM
Bob, southern saw and cutter does a great job, and their in new orleans
Do they do table saw blades?