PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi 12'' Cms

BRAD CHAMNESS
12-16-2004, 6:38 PM
Has anyone tried the Hitachi 12'' cms w/laser and LED readout trying to decide between this and the Porter Cable w/Twin lasers or the Delta.Right now I could get the Hitachi from Amozon for $271 w/90 tooth blade or the Delta 36-255L for $255.Thanks for any suggestions or opinions.

George M. Perzel
12-16-2004, 6:54 PM
Hi Brad;
Just bought the unit yesterday so haven't played with it much. Very heavy unit and looks pretty well made. LCD readout was right on when fired up-checked a few angles and they appear OK- proof will be in the test cuts which I hope to do tomorrow. $271 is a great price- I paid $295 at Lowe's- down 20% from regular price. First Hitachi tool I own- bought it after reviewing several- this is rated best value- we will see.
Good Luck
George

Ken Leshner
12-16-2004, 9:46 PM
I've had the Delta for about a year. It's well made and the lasers can split a 5mm pencil line. I highly recommend it.

George M. Perzel
12-18-2004, 7:48 AM
Hi Brad;
Finally made time to test out the saw. WOW!- I'm very impressed. I started making a series of wall shelves out of crown molding at a 45 degree angle. The saw has preset indents for the bed settings to make 45 and 35 degree crown miters. Set the tilt to 30 degrees and started cutting-not a single piece of waste! Beautiful cut every time-solid work surface, very powerful motor. Dust bag is almost useless as it is on all CMS's. I'm happy.
See pic below.
George

BRAD CHAMNESS
12-18-2004, 8:11 AM
Hi George, thanks for the update I think I 'll pull the trigger and get this saw while it's still on sale at Amazon.

Tom Leavitt
12-19-2004, 12:06 PM
Where did you find the cheaper price? I saw it for $295 at Amazon. I am very interested in the saw as well.

Edit: Never mind, I saw the extra $25 off Hitachi deal plus the 90 tooth blade offer. Wonder how good the blade is?