PDA

View Full Version : Aauugghhhh

Tim Baude
09-15-2010, 11:09 PM
I have been trying to cut some sheets of wood. I put in my settings as 10 or 20 speed and 100 power. If I make a straight line to cut, it flies and will not cut through (1/4 inch). If I make a box, it slows down and cuts through. I then made some odd shapes and it just goes so fast and will not cut through. I tried a small box and it wouldn't cut through again. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.
100 pwr
10 sp
500 frequency
It moves at lightening speed.
Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Thanks
Tim

Jim Coffee
09-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Hi Tim...

Are the lines that are failing to cut "hairline", or some other width?

Doug Griffith
09-16-2010, 1:04 AM
if it's moving at rapid speeds even though you set the speed to 10% it sounds as though it is rapid traveling from point to point and ignoring the lines. In Corel, make sure the lines do not have arrowheads applied. They won't be visible at hairline size on closed paths and cause odd "on-and-off" pulsated cutting. You may want to post a file that gives you this error.

rich shepard
09-16-2010, 1:08 AM
If your using color mapping for the cuts make sure the colors are true. I found this out the other day. Use RGB colors and make use they are 255 setting. I had to change all the red lines on some drawings as they were not true red but were set at like 218 red 25 blue and 50 yellow or something like that. If not a true color the laser will go with the default setting.
rich

Roy Brewer
09-16-2010, 5:58 PM
Anyone know what I am doing wrong?Tim,

I tend to agree with Rich's thoughts. The only logical explanation is Color Mapping is turned on and overriding your default vector settings(?).

Andrea Weissenseel
09-17-2010, 3:33 AM
I think so too, either the color mapping or what Jim already mentionend - the thickness of the lines. In my driver, red lines are for vector cutting - but if I have a red line which is not a hairline it won't cut either, so it seems only hairlines are cut.

Andrea

Tim Baude
09-17-2010, 6:22 AM
Thank you all..... For some reason I was color mapping as I always do, using red as my cut. Had the settings set but would not seem to use the right speed. Moved everything back to black and used the first page of driver to decide on speed, power, etc. and worked great. The red has worked for everything else I have ever done. Not sure why it would not work in this application.

Once again thank you for all the help. Everyone here is just great and always a big help. You are all the best.:D
Thanks
Tim

rich shepard
09-18-2010, 2:15 AM
Hi Tim
I had the same problem that's how I found it. Red had always worked in color mapping but some how it changed and was not a true red. I called Epilog about it and they said the red file might be messed up and to use the RGB colors and make sure it is a true (255) red. so have been changing all my drawings as I use them and no more problems.
rich

Howard Garner
09-18-2010, 6:52 AM
If your using Corel, are you using the custom color palette that only has the correct colors on it?